Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Keiva a googlewhack valentine - 02/14/02 05:00 AM
"elizabethan faldage" - one hit

A unique couple

A happy Valentines day to you, and to all. May you each cherish each unique one in your lifes.

Posted By: Jackie Re: a googlewhack valentine - 02/14/02 11:39 AM
How lovely, Keiva! I, too, wish this couple a happy first Valentine's Day together. May the joy remain for the rest of your lives--salut!

Posted By: Angel Re: a googlewhack valentine - 02/14/02 11:49 AM
The best to both of you on Valentine's Day.

And Keiva, such a romantic!

Posted By: Faldage Re: a googlewhack valentine - 02/14/02 11:59 AM
Such a lovely Valentine's Day greeting. The agenda of the July 24, 2000 meeting of the City Projects Committee of the Adelaide City Council.

http://www.adelaide.sa.gov.au/City_Council/Agendas/cp/2000_07_24cp.pdf

Posted By: Rubrick City of lurve?? - 02/14/02 12:39 PM
A rival for Paris and Venice, perhaps?

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/0214/breaking18.htm

Posted By: of troy Re: City of lurve?? - 02/14/02 04:59 PM
On my way to work, i passed The Eros Cafe-- having its grand opening today..(7th Avenue and about 20th street)

i guess it a place for people who really love coffee!

Posted By: of troy Top Ten Mafia Valentines. - 02/14/02 05:08 PM
Got this as a valentines today..
Top 10 Mafia Valentine's Cards -

10. My love for you, it came and went. So your feet are now in wet cement.

9. I'm here to fulfill your fondest wishes, now that your husband sleeps with the fishes.

8. Lie down with me -It's my final offa, or you'll be lying wit' Jimmy Hoffa.

7. I picked up this card from a slim selection but that's all they offer in witness protection. Love, J. Doe

6. Cinderella got her fella, with a slipper made of glass. So please be mine, Valentine, or I'll have to whack your ....

5. Violets are blue, roses are red. I blew up your car, so why ain't you dead?

4. Hey, how you doin'?

3. Youse da greatest. Youse da best, but you're untouchable, like Elliot Ness.

2. Lust is fleeting, true love lingers. Be mine always, and you'll keep your fingers.

And the Number One Mafia Valentine's Day Greeting........

1. When a goon makes you die, cuz you told him goodbye, that's amore.

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Top Ten Mafia Valentines. - 02/14/02 05:13 PM
Wanna drive down to the garage with me?

Posted By: Keiva Re: Top Ten Mafia Valentines. - 02/14/02 06:56 PM
To quote that noted authority Angel, "Helen, such a romantic! "

Posted By: of troy Re: Top Ten Mafia Valentines. - 02/14/02 07:16 PM
Ted, are you making me an offer i can't refuse?[worried!]

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: VD - 02/14/02 07:38 PM
Y'all're all nuts!

Thanks for the kind wishes.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: The Eros Cafe - 02/14/02 09:01 PM
...(7th Avenue and about 20th street)

Coffee, schmoffee. You think it might be the corner of 23rd, Helen? Where the Asian drag queen S&M bar was? Ah, love... in all its manifestations....

Posted By: of troy Re: The Eros Cafe - 02/14/02 09:15 PM
was there? i don't remember it.. Woolworths (oh how i miss them!) was at 23rd and 8th ave.. now its a gap.

Now that i think of it, i know the up town streets pretty well, (8th ave and 6th ave) but not the down town ones.. (but the Pleasure Chest is still on 7th.. this month it is all slings and arrows.. as well as the usual selection of handcuffs, whips, and chains and leashes.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: a googlewhack valentine - 02/14/02 09:41 PM
Somewhat late in the day now, but Happy Valentine's Day from the guy from Loveland.

By the way, for future reference, you can send your cards through Loveland to get the official Loveland Valentine's stamp and they'll forward it on to your destination.

Posted By: TEd Remington official Loveland Valentine's stamp - 02/15/02 04:29 PM
Jazz:

I didn't know you were from Loveland! We live just down the road a piece (Aurora).

The stamp, though, is not official, it's affixed by volunteers, and is not sanctioned by USPS.

TEd

Posted By: Angel Re: official Loveland Valentine's stamp - 02/15/02 06:44 PM
OK guys...I'm confused. I know, so what else is new?

Jazz says he is from Loveland, and his profile agrees with that. But TEd, you say: "We live just down the road a piece (Aurora)", but your profile says Denver area. Am I missing something here? Or is there a Denver, Ohio? Or did you move? Help me here guys! [totally confused-e]

Posted By: Fiberbabe "DOWN the road a piece" - 02/15/02 08:00 PM
Angel, have you crossed to the dark side? out to Max, stales, hev, et al Mapquest shows me that Aurora is about an hour south of Loveland, so down the road a piece seems perfectly natural to me!

Posted By: Angel Re: "DOWN the road a piece" - 02/15/02 08:30 PM
Fiberbabe....I was commenting that TEd's profile says Denver. I know that Aurora, Ohio and Loveland, Ohio are close, have been through there. But Denver isn't near them, to the best of my knowledge anyway...thus my confusion!

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: "DOWN the road a piece" - 02/15/02 08:41 PM
Yeahbut... it was a golden opportunity to get in a dig at Antipodeans of the Board. That's not the kind of thing you pass up.

Angel, I'm from the original Loveland (in Ohio), not the ski resort town that copied the name.

Posted By: maverick Re: "DOWN the road to my Swiss bank a/c - 02/16/02 04:13 PM
Yeahbut... it was a golden opportunity...

$0.99 accepted in any currency you like, FB, but gold certainly does it for me

yeahbut® maverick enterprises 2001

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: S'A bit Oirish ta me! - 02/17/02 06:02 AM
From Rubrick's link way back up the line (hey, I've been away, n'est-ce pas?): Every year on February 14th the reliquary of the saint is moved to the high altar in the Carmelite Fathers' Whitefriar Street church, and many turn up for services during the day.

Just wondering if this was the right form of the word, y'know?

© Wordsmith.org