Wordsmith.org
Posted By: belMarduk Wordapalooza - 10/19/01 02:34 PM
Allo everyone.

A couple of questions....

1) Who is coming/going to Wordapalooza - please send me note via PM - I am starting to prepare the yearbook and I need your e-mail addresses to have you fill out something fun.

2) Those on committees, can you send me your e-mail addresses via PM. I am scrounging around and want to know if you need anything.

I have already bummed pens, pads, chocolate(yum), plastic glasses, plates and cutlery, profiteroles (double yum), name badges and paper napkins, from several clients and suppliers.

Some things have the companies' logos on 'em but as we say in French...you don't look at the bridle of a horse that was given to you for free.

Let me know,

Salut

Posted By: musick Re: Wordapalooza - 10/19/01 10:22 PM
We don't need no stinkin badges.

I'll bring the chalk...

Companies logos? AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Posted By: francais31415 Re: horse - 10/20/01 10:48 PM
In English, we have a similar saying that used to confuse me: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."

PS. Will the name tags have real names or AWAD ID's on them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: horse - 10/20/01 11:05 PM
Will the name tags have real names or AWAD ID's on them?

Prolly better be *real names, unless they be some BIG OL' name tags

Posted By: of troy body building.. - 10/20/01 11:12 PM
or maybe some awad member better start working out.. and develop their upper body.. then they could cover their chests with badges.. real name and string of alter egos. Or they could wear an over coat, and hid all the badges on the inside, like fences in silly cops and robbers movies.

and some people like me, will stare for a few minutes, and get a goofy look on our faces.. and crawl away..

Posted By: belMarduk Re: badges - 10/21/01 05:00 PM
Ahh, but I went for the fancy ones...

There is one space for real name, one for Board name and a third slot that is free as of yet - what do you think we should add? They are not big, just the regular stuff you get in conferences. Got 'em of one of my clients that just held a big buying show.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Wordapalooza - 10/21/01 05:01 PM
If there are any new folks who do not know what Wordapalooza is just send me a private message and I'll fill you in.

We're all gonna meet and it'll be fab!!

Posted By: doc_comfort Just a thought... - 10/22/01 02:53 AM
Any chance of videoconferencing? For those who can't make the journey.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Just a thought... - 10/22/01 04:58 AM
Sure doc, we'll take a video of the conference and send it to you!

Posted By: paulb Re: Just another thought... - 10/22/01 11:15 AM
and perhaps a web cam for all of us word voyeurs!

Posted By: paulb Re: Just another thought... - 10/22/01 11:19 AM
… and a web cam perhaps for all of us word voyeurs!

Posted By: musick Re: Just a thought... - 10/22/01 02:23 PM
belM - The third slot could list your connection *speed.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic But seriously, doc... - 10/22/01 03:56 PM
I think there *are plans afoot to cybervize® the event. I'll see if I can drag up the original Wordapalooza thread. Or better, Sparteye or of Troy can fill you in.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: But seriously, doc... - 10/22/01 10:57 PM
I think there *are plans afoot to cybervize® the event.

As one half of the tech committee, I don' know how to do that. I guess I'll have to do some research.

How 'bout you CK?

Posted By: maverick Re: But seriously, doc... - 10/24/01 11:52 AM
As one half of the tech committee, I don' know how to do that.

good

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: But seriously, doc... - 10/25/01 05:24 AM
I've had two PMs suggesting that a webcam kind of arrangement, easy and cheap enough to organise in all conscience, will be less than welcome.

There probably needs to be some discussion about this. Obviously, open slather - a webcam going all the time a la Big Brother or those prurient web sites - is a bit pointless anyway, since quite a lot of chit-chat will not be in plenary sessions.

Perhaps - and this is just an idea, open for discussion - we should organise one plenary session a day, which would be webcammed (such a word, tswum? - could be architected!) for the consumption, edification and probable complete and utter boredom of those unable to make it to the secret meeting site (who put that dib-dib sign over the door, anyway?).

Since the concerns expressed to me about broadcasting the meeting have been around privacy, we could do that and only provide the url to those who should have it by PM or email.

Anyway, the floor is yours, ladies and gents. Whaddya think?

Posted By: paulb Re: But seriously, doc... - 10/25/01 10:23 AM
CK: I should confess that I, at least, meant my web cam suggestion as a joke, and agree with the privacy concerns which you raise in your post.

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Just a thought... - 10/25/01 08:36 PM
How about listing where you live? And whether or not DSL is available in your area?

© Wordsmith.org