Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/15/01 05:50 PM
It came in the mail Saturday. My poem was chosen for its artistic vision for inclusion in the latest volume from Poetry.com. I can buy My Own Copy of Under a Quicksilver Moon (working title, actual title of published book may be different) for a mere $49.95 saving a full $20 off the list price or I can get two (2) copies for $44.95 each for a savings of $25 on each book.

Or something like that.

Oooh, ooh, ooooh. I can hardly wait.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 10/15/01 07:57 PM
Posted By: Faldage Re: Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/15/01 08:18 PM
two copies must I buy

No. They claim I don't have to buy anything. I believe that, by law, they can't require me to buy anything. That won't stop them from bluffing many into thinking that it improves their chances.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 10/15/01 08:25 PM
Posted By: belMarduk Re: Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/15/01 09:48 PM
Faldage. Did we call it or what?

Good thing you went in with eyes wide open. Imagine how wrenching it must be to some person who, not as sceptical as we all seemed to be, sent in a poem with heart and soul in it.

I wonder what age group gets taken in by these things. Is it that young person, fresh out of school, who hasn't been taken in (or seen someone taken in) once or twice, or is it an elderly gent who has carried a hidden dream in his heart all those years who finally sets pen to paper. Grrrr, those folks make me angry.

Posted By: maverick Re: Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/16/01 12:02 PM
Delighted to hear your mustypiece is receiving its just recognition, Faldage! hey, you can buy *multiple copies and present them to all of us for Christmas...

Alas, no, good mav; I am limited to two copies. The good news is that since share a bookcase we do, my SO and I need but one copy betwixt us and the other copy can be a group gift to y'all to share amongst yourselves. Just each of you send me a token $50 to cover distibution expenses and you can be on the highly coveted receiver list*. I will inscribe your names in genuine simulated gold leaf on the presentation page and you will be able to bask in the reflected glory of poetic genius in the comfort of your own den or study.

<archive/images/family_unit_gazing_admiringly_at_book.jpg>

*Offer available only if sufficient interest is shown. Donations not refundable in case of insufficient interest. Offer may be void if prohibited by law.

I dunno. this smacks vaguely of solicitation....

Posted By: xara Re: Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/16/01 03:35 PM
when i was in middleschool there was a similar sort of 'contest.' everyone in my english class could submit a poem. they were all sent off somewhere and the best ones were published in some sort of book. the winners could purchase a copy for some unreasonable price. i can't even remember if i submitted a poem, but one friend had two poems chosen. she didn't buy the book, tho, because it cost more than her family made in a month (quite literally). i wonder if that contest was really a scam or if it was a bit more legitamite than this one.

ROTFLMFAO! thanks for a wonderfully surreal end to a strange day, F!

I dunno. this smacks vaguely of solicitation....

Oooo, smacking! Kinky, tsuwm. Well okay then, here goes: " 'Ullo sailor. Wanna fun time?"

I am limited to two copies.

That seems rather odd to me Faldage. I'd think they wouldn't put a limit on the number you can buy so that they could make the most profit possible. Are you sure they didn't say you could only get two at the 'special' price?

And Cap, now you behave, that there is tsuwm you are propositioning....next thing you know we'll have to be bringing up the whole 'partner' (wink, wink) thread again.

Posted By: musick Re: Marinade No. 5© Revisited - 10/17/01 02:14 PM
...sent in a poem with heart and soul in it. That one made me cry.

...was really a scam or if it was a bit more legitamite than this one. That one made me laugh.

I'd think they wouldn't put a limit on the number you can buy

The notice I received has no provisions for buying more than two copies. It does offer me the option of having my Artist's Profile included for a mere $20 extra.

Oh, and the savings if I get two copies is $30 a copy, not $25. This means that I will be able to include you on the highly coveted receiver list? for a mere $49.95, a savings of $.05 off the original price*.

*Should I choose to have my Artist's Profile included the price for being on the highly coveted receiver list will be $57.95, a savings of -$8.00 off the adjusted price.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Artist Profile - 10/17/01 07:11 PM
Hmmm, which is your best side Faldage, left or right.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Artist Profile - 10/17/01 07:13 PM
best side

Yes.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Artist Profile - 10/17/01 08:03 PM
But as we all know, old poety pal of mine, nobody needs to get on your wrong side, do they?

Has AnnaS trademarked your poem yet?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Trademark - 10/17/01 08:15 PM
Has AnnaS trademarked my poem yet?

It's copyright© 2001, David Quincy Raig.

And if I don't have a wrong side nobody *can get on it.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Artist Schmartist - 10/17/01 08:25 PM
AARRGGHH......

A monster's created himself.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Artist Schmartist - 10/17/01 08:46 PM
Faldage has of course painted his "Portrait of the Yartist as a Hung Man".

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Artist Schmartist - 10/18/01 05:54 AM
A monster's created himself.

Frankenfaldage. Is your middle name Igor?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Schmartist Artist - 10/18/01 12:44 PM
Ah, I am Igor to bask in the fulsome praise recognizing the enormity of my accomplishments! Keep it coming.

Frankenfaldage

Posted By: maverick Re: Schmartist Artist - 10/18/01 01:32 PM
I am Igor to bask

A true basket case

Posted By: Faldage Re: Schmartist Artist - 10/18/01 01:51 PM
basket case

And a hand basket, at that.

Posted By: of troy Re: Schmartist Artist - 10/18/01 01:59 PM
And a hand basket, at that.

excuse me, but that is my line.. Helena Handbasket, at your service!

Posted By: Faldage Re: Schmartist Artist - 10/18/01 02:12 PM
Helena Handbaskets

They used to play in the old Class D Mountain States League back in the '30s.

Posted By: TEd Remington To bask or not to bask - 10/18/01 08:17 PM
So you'll be baskin while some unscrupulous publisher is intent on robbin' you???

Posted By: Jackie Re: To bask or not to bask - 10/18/01 09:21 PM
Ted, you're describing what could be a Rocky Road...

Posted By: consuelo Re: baskin robbins? - 10/19/01 12:13 AM
Rocky Road

Looks like a food thread coming straight at us. Duck!

Posted By: Faldage Re: baskin robbins? - 10/19/01 02:04 PM
I don't marinate ice cream.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: baskin robbins? - 10/19/01 02:37 PM
Bien non Consuelo, you never duck out of the way for ice cream. You just take out a big spoon and say 'yes please, over here, yup, un-hm, mmmmmmm'

© Wordsmith.org