Wordsmith.org
Posted By: maverick Consuelation prize - 09/26/01 11:15 AM
All credit for the intent, Consuelo - I doubt many would argue a rest may be welcomed right now.

At the risk of stating the obvious, though, I suggest none of us has any particular right to force discussion away from any topic by this or by other perhaps more repellent means adopted recently - we have to simply work consensually, and let wither the threads that are overburdened/loathsome/[substitute-your-phrase-of-disapprobation-here]

Otherwise, we tread a short path to anarchy, since we are never unanimous in our views

One person will bury one set of threads, a second will retaliate on different grounds...

In the long run the ony censorship to work will be seen to be self-censorship, surely?

Posted By: Keiva Re: inconsolable; "censorship"? - 09/26/01 11:31 AM
mav, don't start again.

Posted By: consuelo Re: Consuelation prize - 09/26/01 12:26 PM
I think my intent was clear. It needed to rest. If I had had the power to erase it, I would not havebecause I do believe in free speech. It's just that that thread was costing too many of us. Also, you will note that I pulled the thread that was supposed to continue that discussion to the (near)top so that this could be easily accessed if anyone still needs to vent or discuss or inform. I may have buried it, but it ain't dead yet.

© Wordsmith.org