Wordsmith.org
Posted By: RhubarbCommando Greetings to you all - 08/23/01 08:47 AM
This is the anniversary of my joining the board! Unlike Max, I cannot for the life of me remember what it was, and I've never really tried to use the archives, so I won't find out that way!

I would like to thank all of my friends here for the great welcome that I received, and for the entertaining erudition that has made this board such a worthwhile place to visit, and also makes it totally addictive!

Here's to another fruitful year

Posted By: maverick Re: Greetings to you all - 08/23/01 09:23 AM
and in turn, Rhuby, thanks for sharing some of your store of wit and wisdom - may your addiction last for many years into the future!

Posted By: Jackie Re: Greetings to you all - 08/23/01 11:09 AM
Here 'tis, Dear--and congratulations, felicitations, and gratitude.

RhubarbCommando
(stranger )
Wed Aug 23 09:37:01 2000
Re: Collective Noun Query

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< collective noun for butterflies >

Collective nouns were originally called "nouns of congregation" (when I was a youth, many years ago) Possibly the ommission of such a noun for butterflies is because they don't congregate ?

Posted By: Marianna Re: Greetings to you all - 08/23/01 11:38 AM
Congratulations, Commando!
How does one know that it's one's board anniversary, then? Do you all remember the fateful day when you first stumbled upon this place? Do you get some sort of reminder? I personally have no idea when I first joined the board, though I suppose I could locate my very first post. But then again, I'm sure I first joined and then I was awed for a little while before I mustered up my courage to make that first post, so even that wouldn't be accurate!

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: Greetings to you all - 08/23/01 12:12 PM
How does one know that it's one's board anniversary, then?

Your profile will tell you exactly when you registered. You joined us on Tue Jan 9 06:52:09 2001.

Posted By: Marianna Re: D'Oh! - 08/23/01 12:36 PM
Or however you spell that... thanks, Rapunzel!
[feeling-silly-e]

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/23/01 08:43 PM
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Greetings to you all - 08/24/01 06:24 PM
Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb, mumble ...

© Wordsmith.org