Wordsmith.org
Posted By: RhubarbCommando Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 01:26 PM
Is it something I've done?
Something I've said?
Is what my Dad told me about eyesight correct after all?

the colours of the board have changed on my screen: instead of the old two tones of grey, I now have a light, creamy beige and a soft, sagey green.

Quite pleasant, in fact, but I would have liked some warning, if it is a global change, or else I want to know how you select the background colours, if there is a way.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 01:29 PM
Well now! Ah do declare!

It's gone back to the old two-tone grey again! What in tarnation is goin' on round here?

Any of youse computer whizz-people got any idea?

Posted By: Marianna Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 01:36 PM
I ain't no computer whizz, but... did you take off dem sunglasses?

Posted By: wwh Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 02:41 PM
Dear RC: Sounds like your monitor is trying to tell you something. Like it might go on strike.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 03:11 PM
The dam' lizard! He's eaten my sunglasses!

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 03:40 PM
Mayhap Anu has been experimenting with different color combos and you just happened to see it.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 04:10 PM
light, creamy beige and a soft, sagey green.

Hey! Wait a minute! I thought you were a guy! You're not supposed to be able to distinguish colors at that level of sophistication! Just knowing the word beige is bad enough, but creamy? sagey?

C'mon, Rhuby!

Posted By: wwh Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 05:18 PM
Dear Faldage: The females talk about colors, but a lot of their definitions are daffy. What a wide range of shades I have seen called beige! And just about nobody remembers it originally meant the color of undyed wool. A very large percentage of computers and monitors are housed in "beige" plastic. And all "sage" means to me is a kind of cheese I don't enjoy. As lord of the manor extorting sheep excrement from the peasants, you ought to have seen a lot of undyed wool.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 05:24 PM
As lord of the manor extorting sheep excrement from the peasants, you ought to have seen a lot of undyed wool.

Hey! They're *my sheep and it's *my land! And those peasants just *work for me! Where do you get extort!

Posted By: wwh Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 06:26 PM
And you were to busy indulging in le droit du seigneur to notice the color of the sheep.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 06:40 PM
This is a YART, Dr. Bill!
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=12434

Posted By: wwh Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 07:06 PM
And I heard you could never tell exactly how many sheep you had, because when you let them out of the pen one at a time to count them, you could not remember how many times you said "Hello, Dear."

Posted By: Hyla Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 07:15 PM
Okay, everyone, let's play nice now.

And shouldn't that be "Hello, Dolly?"

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 07:22 PM
What part of "No." don't you understand, Dr. Bill?

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 07:52 PM
Oh, how nicely off-topic this one has gone in such a short time. Fight, yer buggers. I hates peace, I does!

Posted By: wwh Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/16/01 11:24 PM
Lord Faldage, peace be unto you.Yart me no Yarts. Don't color it beige if you don't like the color. I'm not fond of it either. So, RC, has your color problem gone away?

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/21/01 04:18 AM
Rhuby Rainbows...apply as necessary!make no mention of 'shrooms, tequila, etc, etc

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/21/01 04:55 PM
RC, has your color problem gone away?

Yep - it seems it was only momentary. Trouble is, I can't remember just what I was on at the time, so I can't repeat the experiment. Very unsound, scientifically speaking.

Never mind, Dr Bill - it has given you a golden opportunity to make sheep jokes at Milord faLdage's expense. but what the hell, archie - he can afford it!

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/21/01 05:08 PM
a golden opportunity to make sheep jokes at Milord faLdage's expense

And we all know how badly I need sheep jokes being made at my expense. Besides, with all that income from my sheep guano business, I can afford it.

Drogo Fumblefinger of Toiletwater.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/21/01 05:13 PM
I can afford it.

Drogo Fumblefinger of Toiletwater.

Does this mean you're flush?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/21/01 05:21 PM
Does this mean you're flush?

Just put your finger on that little lever over there and fumble.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Has my eyesight gone all funny? - 08/23/01 08:29 AM
Careful! you may get the same eyesight trouble that I have!

© Wordsmith.org