Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Keiva new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/13/01 11:59 AM
MaxQ: You people are useless! I demand a refund! I STILL haven't received a definitive answer to the question

Do we have a word for this concept? In due honor, it should be named by, or for, MaxQ). Any nominees?

And now, off to another posting: I must MaxQuse myself elsewhere.

Posted By: maverick Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/14/01 01:18 PM
Qston, we have a problem!

Surely your own invention nearly captures the idea of an evasion of answer: an exQs

As for a refund, that's just a Quibble - offer him sick squid

Posted By: wwh Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/14/01 02:33 PM
If we must have a new word, how about remodelling "unrequited" to "unrequordled".

Posted By: Faldage Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/14/01 02:45 PM
how about remodelling "unrequited" to "unrequordled".

I like it, Dr. Bill. The Unrequordled Question, wasn't that a tone poem by Charles Ives?

Posted By: maverick Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/14/01 03:36 PM
That's a great one, Bill! I shall steal it immediately while its registration is unrequordled

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/14/01 09:09 PM
Posted By: Keiva Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/14/01 10:54 PM
Honorable Max, may you never again go unrequordled.

Posted By: of troy Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/15/01 12:45 PM
but i have a question-- if unrequited love's a bore what is an unrequordle question?

or will i find out with this post? will my question go unrequordled?

Posted By: wwh Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/15/01 01:05 PM
Dear Helen: When Max is entitled to a replevin, he is requordled. When you are similarly defrauded, we need another new word. I challenge your admirers, or whom there are so many talented persons, to devise one suitable to apply to you.

Posted By: Jackie Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/15/01 03:02 PM
Dear Helen: When Max is entitled to a replevin, he is requordled. When you are similarly defrauded, we need another new word. I challenge your admirers, or whom there are so many talented persons, to devise one suitable to apply to you.

Well, this has edged over into the realm of W & F, but for the nonce it's here.
When our Helen is cheated, she is detroyed, of course. And all restitution is retroyactive.

Posted By: wwh Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/15/01 03:05 PM
Since no volunteers have appeared, I will coin a word for Helen. I found a coined word in an ad for new accessories for SimCity, to enable kids to "retrovate" their megalopolis. So when Helen has been wrongfully deprived, we must "retroyate" her.

When you are similarly defrauded, we need another new word. I challenge your admirers, or whom there are so many talented persons, to devise one suitable to apply to you.

How 'bout Trojan-horsed?

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/16/01 07:30 AM
I was just thinking about the Wordapalooza and what I would need to do to get my butt from dear old Blighty to Michigan. When I have it all organised, I believe I will have the trip intowellated.

Posted By: Jackie Re: new word for "I demand a refund! " - 08/16/01 12:18 PM
"intowellated"--

You'll have your trip wrapped up in a towel?? You'll be going 'into' a trip that is 'well ated'?
Ah--you will have your trip 'in tow'!

Posted By: Faldage Re: intowellated - 08/16/01 05:29 PM
Hey. Every froody hitchhiker always knows where his towel is.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: intowellated - 08/16/01 07:54 PM
Hey. Every froody hitchhiker always knows where his towel is.

Peer-zactly! It's my word, after all. What it means is you have your trip and everything associated with it completely under control.

Posted By: Faldage Re: intowellated - 08/16/01 08:00 PM
The peregrinacious CapK remarks: What it means is you have your trip and everything associated with it completely under control.

And who should know better?

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: intowellated - 08/16/01 08:23 PM
And who should know better?

Don't look at me!

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: intowellated - 08/21/01 04:26 AM
If you're arrested on the way...can you be interrogated while intowellated? (say it 3 times fast!)

© Wordsmith.org