Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wordcrazy a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 07/13/01 01:36 AM
Much rejoicing is called for. One of AWAD's venerable is now a Pooh-Bah! Now that there are 4 of them , is it a quartet of Pooh-Bahs we are having? I am sure the other venerables will think of something grand to call the group.

Congratulations, wow! You have special place in that tetralogy!

Posted By: belligerentyouth The faux pas - 07/13/01 09:29 AM
Starting a thread concerning someone achieving a new title is highly frowned upon - or frowned upon from high - if you see what I mean, wordie. I'll hazard a guess that most won't approach this thread with a long stick

I hope jubilation will nonetheless prevail for WOW!!!

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/13/01 09:36 AM

Posted By: wordcrazy What's with "faux pas" s - 07/13/01 12:12 PM
belligerentyouth>>
Starting a thread concerning someone achieving a new title is highly frowned upon - or frowned upon from high - if you see what I mean, wordie. I'll hazard a guess that most won't approach this thread with a long stick

Thanks for the warning. I guess I have to read thoroughly the "Rules and Regulations" of the Board.
Sorry!

Posted By: wow Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 07/13/01 01:58 PM
Dear wordcrazy, thank you for your thoughtful post, and to all of you, thanks for the many PMs on my advancement into the ranks of Pooh-Bah.
I will do my best to uphold the high standards and generosity of spirit established by The Original Triumvirate.
Rest assured I will not neglect my duties as High Priestess Hi Dr. Bill

Posted By: Faldage Re: The faux pas - 07/13/01 02:01 PM
I read faux pas as four Pahs

A faux pa of Pooh-Bahs?

But two of them are mas.

Posted By: maverick Re: The faux pas - 07/13/01 02:46 PM
What else would a faux pa be? pardon ma french, E!

Posted By: Faldage Re: The faux pas - 07/13/01 05:45 PM
I should think rather a pa would be a faux ma

Posted By: Jackie Re: The faux pas - 07/13/01 06:46 PM
Well, I ain't no faux ma (hi CK and SWMBO), I be a real ma! Though I was faux-ma-ly an old hand.
An' none of us Pooh Bahs have four paws, or forepaws.
Four Bahs we be, four Pahs we ain't.

Posted By: Faldage Re: The faux mas - 07/13/01 07:41 PM
Well, Jackie ain't no faux ma

Exactly my point, Jackie. It's tsuwm and Max what's the faux mas.

Posted By: jimthedog Re: The faux pas - 07/13/01 10:26 PM
most won't approach this thread with a long stick

There. I'm in my secret complex, I've got a radio, a stick to operate the dials and everything, another radio in a place near a computer, an assistant, a stick for my assistant, and a computer (already mentioned.)

congratulations, wow.

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: The faux pas - 07/14/01 10:04 AM
> There. I'm in my secret complex, I've got a radio, a stick to operate the dials and everything, another radio in a place near a computer, an assistant, a stick for my assistant, and a computer (already mentioned.)

You're a daring man Jim!

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/14/01 12:08 PM
I posted this on the "ananym" thread when I first saw her new designation...moving it here to more appropriate space for the Elevated One!

Wow, wow! I bow to our new High Priestess Pooh-Bah! Live long and prosper!

Now you can assume your place on the Upper Echelon and fill-in for tsuwm while he's gone!

Posted By: jimthedog Re: The faux pas - 07/14/01 12:42 PM
It's my job. We secret agents have to do this.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: The faux pas - 07/16/01 02:49 AM
It's my job. We secret agents have to do this.

Grytpype-Thynne: Hang on, hang on, young Neddy. How long have you been with the Bank of England, young pasty-faced lad?

Seagoon: Twenty minutes sir!

Grytpype-Thynne: Ah, what a record of loyal service and devotion to duty. How would you like to work in the gold vault?

Seagoon: Gold? Gold? GOLD? ...

Or something, my memory ain't what it used to be! Anyway ... to the point of this post:

There's only one secret agent on this board, and she's been playing away from home. Any volunteers to go into the wilds of Minnesota when required to track down missing Pooh-Bahs?

Posted By: Jackie Re: The faux pas - 07/16/01 03:01 AM
...go into the wilds of Minnesota when required to track down missing Pooh-Bahs?
Been there, done that!

Posted By: jimthedog Re: The faux pas - 07/16/01 09:29 AM
I would go, but I'm tied up in other business. Don't ask what it is, for it's top secret. I can't even tell the President of the details.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 12:09 PM
I would like, belatedly, to add my congratters to the wise one for her elevation, and to ask if, now that we have four Pooh-Bahs, whether they will form a Bahber Shop Quartet?

Posted By: Jackie Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 12:34 PM
four Pooh-Bahs, whether they will form a Bahber Shop Quartet?
Sure, that sounds like a great idea! We shall meet in Wales, because that's where maverick can find us a good director, right, Sweetie? And we three US Bahs will have to learn to say bahbahshop quartet (Max will have no trouble with that one), and hopefully without sounding like a bunch of sheep! Ba-aah, ba-aah.

Posted By: wow Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 01:41 PM
And we three US Bahs will have to learn to say bahbahshop quartet (Max will have no trouble with that one ... without sounding like a bunch of sheep!

Hold on, Jackie ... Have you forgotten I live in "The Land of the Long 'A' and Disappearing 'R'?"
BahBahshop sounds perfectly correct to me!

We shall meet in Wales, because that's where Maverick can find us a good director, right, Sweetie?

Sounds like a plan! It's a place I've wanted to visit for ages. I love the Welsh choral singing. Maaah-va-lus!

What happened to my post saying that filling in for tsuwm is UM-possible? Or was that in another thread?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Bahbahshop Quartet - 07/19/01 02:03 PM
Great! Do you take requests? I wanna hear The Whiffenpoof Song!

Posted By: Marianna Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 02:13 PM
Pooh-Bahs, come see me in London. The London Welsh Centre is down the road from where I live, and the men's chorus sometimes wanders over to our local pub of an evening and gives an impromptu performance.

Posted By: wow Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 02:49 PM
The London Welsh Centre is down the road from where I live, and the men's chorus sometimes wanders over to our local pub of an evening and gives an impromptu performance.

Oh My! Oh How Wonderful! In the words of the old song, "Gee, how lucky can you get?"

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/19/01 08:02 PM

Posted By: of troy Re: All Hail the Royal Graduate! - 07/19/01 08:47 PM
To quote the song:
All god's creatures got a place in the choir
Some sing low, some sing higher
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
Some just clap their hand, paws, anything they got.

just follow the old advice-- if you can't sing well-- sing loud!

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Bahbahshop Quartet - 07/19/01 08:55 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear their rendition of a famous Beach Boy's tune:

Bah, Bah, Bah...Bah, Bahbra Ann!

Or how about Loggins and Messina's "House at Pooh Corner"?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Bahbahshop Quartet - 07/20/01 01:43 AM
Bah, Bah, Bah...Bah, Bahbra Ann!
Ohmigawd, that's perfect! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, thank you, W.O., thank you!
Max, why don't you take tenor--that's a part that's hard to hear, anyway. Tsuwm, that leaves you on bass. (I can sing low, but I can't sing that low!) Wow, you take soprano or alto, and I'll take the other. All together now:
"Ta-AKE my ha-a-and..."

Posted By: wow Re: Bahbahshop Quartet - 07/20/01 01:27 PM
Soprano for me ... ah! the days of my youth when the "Bell Song" from Lakme was easy!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 01:15 PM
There's five of 'em now.

Congrats, Dr. Bill! =)

close, but no cigahhhh
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=21312

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 01:30 PM
All the best, Dr bill - not many manage to combine so much quantity with such consistently high quality.
I bow low before you, Sir!

Posted By: maverick Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 01:31 PM
High five, Dr B!

Now if only we still had the prescient wisdom of b96 on the board...

Posted By: wwh Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 02:58 PM
Anything b96 could do, caradea does just as magnificently. I regret that my being retired has given me so much computer time that I have made an unseemly number of posts, an embarrassment of plurality;."Thank you" to those who have been willing to tolerate that.

Posted By: Faldage Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 03:02 PM
"Thank you" to those who have been willing to tolerate that.

Y'all come back, Dr. Bill. And no need to regret. You're fun to have around.

Posted By: Marianna Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 03:18 PM
Congratulations, Dr. Bill... Very good news!

Posted By: nancyk Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 04:55 PM
Does this make it a quintern? And does this mean there's a sextern in the waiting? Congratulations, Dr. Bill

Posted By: wwh Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 05:16 PM
We have two other members who would have achieved the title before me, except that they are still working and cannot spend as much time on the computer as I can. It is generous of them not to resent my taking unfair advantage.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 05:26 PM
bill! good on you... imagine my delight when someone came along to take on the mantle of old curmudgeon.
:-/

Posted By: wwh Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 06:18 PM
I invite all to bludgeon this old curmudgeon, while I remain in high dudgeon in my dungeon.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/03/01 07:17 PM
Posted By: wwh Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/03/01 07:33 PM
Dear Max: you are slightly in error. I do not have seniority, only senility.

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/04/01 12:36 AM
There's five of 'em now.

Way to go, Uncle Bill!! Curmudgeon or not, I'm glad you're here.

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: a Quatern of Pooh-Bahs - 08/04/01 02:49 AM
Pooh-Bahhood becomes you, Uncle Bill! I hope you won't slow down now that you have reached the pinnacle.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: a Quintuplex of Pooh-Bahs - 08/04/01 04:55 AM
My highest and esteemed congrats, Dr. Pooh-Bah! Here's hoping you remain a staunch activist for the integrity of the board! And you're really just a smudgeon of a curmudgeon...but that's good, it keeps the rest of the board on their toes! Many Happy Postings!

Posted By: wow Re: a Quintet of Pooh-Bahs - 08/05/01 02:34 PM
Bill ... I am away for a day and a half and Look At *You! Welcome to Pooh-Bah-dom ... Welcome, welcome, welcome.

© Wordsmith.org