Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/11/01 10:26 PM
Posted By: maverick Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/11/01 10:35 PM
bless you, Max - no problems. I think of our little global conversations as being a bit like talking to friends in front of a bar window - in theory, everyone can see you and hear you (with all the potential for foolishness and indiscretions that implies) - but in practice, most of the time most of the world is too busy rushing past thinking about their own concerns to even notice us.

... perhaps just as well

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/11/01 11:17 PM
Max,

I agree with mav on this one (as I do on most! ), but still uncomfortable about having my picture "exposed" to millions. Though I suspect it already is.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 01:28 AM
But AnnaS, it is such a lovely picture.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 01:54 AM
i was going to send this private, but it looks like your haitus extends to PMs, max =)

i think it's terrific that airscapenet is offering you such well-deserved recognition. you've done a marvelous job on the site... both in terms of content and aesthetics.

as for the "less than clever" qualification preceding your reply... you've no use for humility, sweet max, because there's not a soul here that would agree with you.

i'm just glad *my* picture's not going to be there for the whole bloody world to see. [ha ha e]

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/12/01 03:10 AM

Posted By: maverick Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 03:13 AM
Oh, Max, you are a very naughty boy...!

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 09:24 AM
I have no problems with what you've done Max - quite the reverse. If the publicity attracts some more contributors to the board, that is good, on the whole. It widens the gene pool a bit! (This might be a real consideration if AS and Faldage are trend setters )

It may well bring a few strange people (or, indeed, normal people, if it is we who are strange) but that has happened in the past and they have not lasted. We have our own, built-in, unconscious filter, I think, which selects those who are like-minded.

So - well done, Sir Max, say I!!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 10:34 AM
But AnnaS, it is such a lovely picture.

Thanks, Sparteye! I take it you like grits, too?

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 10:37 AM
Max, caradea & mav,

[ROTFLMAO!]

Posted By: wow Re:" Whoops!" note - 07/12/01 02:09 PM
Dear Max, I have a concern and have sent a PM regarding that. Please check your PMs

Your site is a great service to all AWADers and I send my congratulations on this recognition for your efforts.

Posted By: Brandon Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 03:46 PM
We have our own, built-in, unconscious filter, I think, which selects those who are like-minded.

I hope all the additional exposure our little forum gets brings in those who are very unlike us in mindedness. I appreciate the disagreement we have, though I've rarely voiced mine. I greatly appreciate seeing other perspectives because it gives me fodder for introspection. Further, it sometimes changes my mind about how I see and what I think. Bring on the disagreeable masses!

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Whoops! I hope nobody minds - 07/12/01 04:11 PM
Congrats Max, and you were going to take it all down. That would have been a mistake. Your work is certainly laudable. Perhaps you should tell Anu about it too, since he'll be getting publicity from it.

Brandon: I appreciate the disagreement we have

Gee, it's nice to be appreciated.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/12/01 09:34 PM

Posted By: Anonymous Re:" Whoops!" note - 07/12/01 09:39 PM
well, i for one have forgotten how to get to the gallery. i tried the obvious, with and without the .htm and .html, to no avail.

would you whisper it to me??

Posted By: wow Re:" Whoops!" note - 07/12/01 11:01 PM
modification to the main page. There is now no link to the Gallery

The new airscape pages are Excellent!
Good idea with the pix, Max.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/13/01 12:35 AM
Posted By: Anonymous Re:" Whoops!" note REPRISE - 07/13/01 02:09 AM
. Any typos or other differences will cause your ISP to automatically terminate your account.

Wait, now i'm *totally* confused. so now if we send regular email to that account, with anything but "Gallery URL" in the subject line, we'll be banned forever? that doesn't seem too fair....

EDIT: well DASHITALL... i knew i'd screw it up. i typed it all caps, and got no auto response. somehow it figures that i'd be incapable of typing two bloody words without error *sigh*

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 07/13/01 02:14 AM
Posted By: Anonymous Re:" Whoops!" note REPRISE - 07/13/01 02:21 AM
*sigh*. i feel so victimized.

s'alright, though; i'd been looking for a new hacking opportunity, and this one seemed golden =) {hi, Dr. Bill!}

Posted By: Faldage Re:" Whoops!" note - 07/13/01 02:19 PM
There is now no link to the Gallery

Thanks, Max. Saves me from having to ask you to put my old picture back in.

© Wordsmith.org