Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Hyla It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 02:28 PM
Well, after boring you all with my complaints about waiting for the baby to do its thing - he has arrived.

Simon Christopher was born on June 29, weighing in at 8 lbs., 13 oz. We're reeling a bit from lack of sleep, but things seem to be improving slightly on that front, and he's beautiful and wondrous, in the way only infants can be.

Posted By: Faldage Congratulations - 07/05/01 02:37 PM
To you and Mrs. Tree Frog.

Here's hoping you get some sleep soon.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 02:38 PM
Congratulations to you all, Hyla... and a warm Welcome to your wee one, so fresh from God.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 02:46 PM
All right! Congratulations to Hyla and all the frog family, and welcome to Simon.

Simon says, "Daddy, you can forget about sleep for another three years."

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 02:57 PM
Congratulations - this is the best news this week! All the best to you, your wife and young Simon.

(BTW, we all expected you to name a boy "Anthony Rowley."
Well - you can always make that his moniker for use on this board!)

Posted By: of troy Word sites worth visiting - 07/05/01 03:21 PM
Today one member asked another for URL to a good word site. How about everybody contibuting to a list of such sites? I wish one had been available when I first joined.

Let's start with tsuwm's site http://members.aol.com/tsuwm

http://www.worldwidewords.org

http://www.word-detective.com/index

http://www.users.bigpond.com/burnside go to Language,browse, then Take our Word For It

And, please, add to this list!

I (helen) didn't write this-- its From Dr. Bill (wwh) -- and my words of congrats to the hyla and his new little tadpole is not to be found!
Posted By: Marianna Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 03:29 PM
Congratulations, Hyla, and a big welcome to Simon. I am very happy for all of you!

Posted By: wow Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 06:20 PM
Hurrah!
My best wishes to Mother and to you.
Blessings For a long, healthy, lucky, loving, laugh-filled life to Simon.
wow

Posted By: nancyk Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 06:57 PM
All the best to the entire family! My own "baby" is 19, and I wish now I had savored those baby days more. So try not to let lack of sleep, and other responsibilities get in the way - they're too soon grown.

First I see it from Dr. Bill, then it's gone, then I see it from Dr. Bill again and now it claims ledasdottir as its author and it's stuck in the middle of Hyla's birth announcement thread???????

Posted By: Flatlander Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 09:42 PM
I've already sent a private message to the growing frog family (perhaps he should have been named Tad?), but since you were all so kind to my family when Abigail was born, I thought I'd add my congratulations to the thread as well. I know this is Hyla's second, but I can't imagine the experience is any less frightening/exciting/joyful/amazing the second time around. And I already agree with you, nancyk, about them growing up so fast -- I already miss my little one-month-old, now that she's grown up so. Already four months old, and the next thing I know it she'll be off to college with a boyfriend and her tongue pierced. Sunriiise, sunset...

Congratulations, Family Hylidae.

Posted By: maverick Re: It's a boy!! - 07/05/01 09:51 PM
Congrats all you froggies. And yes, savour the moment, live in it to the full - who needs sleep, we're a long time dead

As to pierced tongues - you should worry...

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 12:02 AM
Congratulations to the family, Hyla!
and a big welcome to the new citizen of the world!

chronist
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 12:14 AM
Congrats, Hyla!

Do tree frogs have tadpoles?

----
(also bemused at odd word post cropping up in here... could this be the work of archie? Or is it Ænigma's Revenge??)

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 02:34 AM
I suppose you did check it's a boy, Hyla. I have problems sexing kittens when they're new-born. Check again.

Oh - and congratulations!

Posted By: maverick Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 03:35 AM
No, archie assures me by pm that he's retarded, sorry I mean retired. I blame the weird post on good Scotch whisky

Posted By: Bingley Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 04:34 AM
Many congrats on the birth of a tadpole on such an auspicious date (also my brother's birthday and my other half's).

Bingley
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 05:29 AM
Congratulations to all the Hylas!...all hopping for joy, I'm sure! There's nothing like a baby's smile and laughter to warm the heart...cherish it well, as I'm sure you will!

Warmly,
David

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 07:38 AM
The birth of life ... what a triumph!

I have, for the last few days, been having some eerie dreams with this adorable baby in them, maybe it's yours! Does Simon have blue eyes perhaps?
A friend of mine just had a child this week too. A romantic autumn last year, huh;-)

All the best for the family!

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 11:28 AM
Congratulations Hyla and family! I'm glad to hear that the little guy finally made his appearance.

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: It's a boy!! - 07/06/01 07:00 PM
Let me add my congratulations and best wishes. If I remember aright, your first was also a boy, n'est-ce pas?

As the father of 3 sons, no girls, I can tell you that if they are both boys, and any other future arrivals are boys, you have the best situation, child-wise. Seeing what goes on these days, if I had a daughter nowadays, I'd lock her in the cellar on her 10th birthday and let her out on her 21st.

I like the name, Simon, too. Curious that Biblical names are now in vogue again. My sons are 38, 34 and 30 and back when we named one Stephen Bartholomew and one Andrew David, they were thought to have very old-fashioned monikers (like we would think of Hezekiah or Nahum). If you tend to be a little vague, or not making a lot of sense in postings, we'll put it down to insufficient sleep.

Posted By: inselpeter Re: It's a boy!! - 07/07/01 01:52 AM
Mazeltov, Hyla!

<<Do tree frogs have tadpoles?>>

It seems they do (http://www.whose-tadpole.net/key-to-tadpoles/H-arborea-LARVAE.htm)

And little boys have tad poles, too. [Oi emoticon]

© Wordsmith.org