Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/06/01 07:13 PM
Posted By: wwh Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 07:18 PM
Poor Max, crushed beneath the Juggernaut of Progress.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 08:01 PM
There, there, Max. Here: have another A.

Now, then. I'm sorry they pulled the rug, but then again, I and some others were never able to get beyond the log in, anyway. Perhaps this is a bad thang that precedes a good thang. Maybe you'll be able to find another place - perhaps something like what your former fellow Zildian has set up, or something at geocities, or something [non-techie look of commiseration e].

Posted By: Sparteye Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 08:11 PM
Oh, dear. I'm sorry Max. You've been so kind to establish and share storage space with us, and it has become a real annoyance.

I had an Email provider shut down without notice, my ISP got bought out, and now the company which bought the ISP has filed for bankruptcy. If I suddenly disappear, you'll kn

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/06/01 08:20 PM
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 08:25 PM
Hmm, "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Web Storage" - I don't think so!

Oops! You're right, I'll 'gamely' take back the A if you'll toss a lifeline to Sparteye! [pretending not to notice JF reference and not to wonder who JF is e]

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/06/01 08:29 PM

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 08:47 PM
Aha! She of the yenta talent!

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead now...

Posted By: tsuwm Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 08:55 PM
>JF is,of course, the Board member most fond of the appellation ayleur...

joe friday??

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/06/01 09:13 PM

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 09:31 PM
Max, we could possibly also save space in this new account by making the rogue's gallery a normal website somewhere else rather than just stored pictures.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill My First Cyber-Shock! - 06/06/01 09:53 PM
I had an Email provider shut down on me without notice
Scary info, Sparteye!
On Monday VerizonMail suddenly disappeared without warning with all my mail files. At first they responded by saying that they were upgrading the service. Now they've posted a 'techincal difficulties" message. They E-mailed me on an alternate site box that my files have not been lost and were sure to return...eventually. And if they didn't reappear with the service in a 'few days' to contact them again. The phone-tech now has a recorded message referring to the problem, of course! Grrrrrr! Well, at least I wasn't trying to operate a business through this mailbox (though, I'm sure many people were!). Wonderful, wonderful! I, of course, being a new cyber-junkie, had absolutely NO idea this could even happen!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: TANSTAFWeb Storage - 06/06/01 10:36 PM
Max, we could possibly also save space in this new account by making the rogue's gallery a normal website somewhere else rather than just stored pictures.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was trying to say in Luddite language before I started drowning in letters

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 06/07/01 02:00 AM

© Wordsmith.org