Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 01:05 PM
AnnaStrophic and Faldage are happy to announce that they have been serengyrating™ behind y'all's* backs and are seriously examining the proposition that a Mac flatliner© and a PC threadnodist® can find happiness together.

*With a few notable exceptions.

I'd like to add that, among his other contributions to gentle society, Anu has unwittingly provided the means for two like-minded and like-hearted souls to discover each other.
Thanks, Anu
Who knew?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 01:11 PM
omG

bridget does a cartwheel

awwww~wwwww i just LOVE stuff like this.

and yes, i must admit that i can no longer look at an F without thinking "hi E" or an E without thinking "Hi F". seriously.

congrats and love to you both!!!

I too extend hearty congratulations!

Tell me, does this mean Anna and Faldage have thrown caution to the wind, disregarded that great digital divide and allowed Liz and Dave to met in person?

Perplexed@smile.org

Posted By: satin Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 01:25 PM
My congrats to AnnaS and Faldage too but also to Anu for matching them up!

a very modern joining-- best of luck..
(my son met his wife the same way--he first noticed her clever posting on a bulletin board--eventually they met..and the rest is happy history...)I hope your futures are just as happy!

Posted By: Sparteye Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 01:39 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
\\\X///:::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
\\\X///::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::
////////////:::::::::://///////////X::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::
/////////////////::::://///////////X///::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::
////////////////////////////////X///////::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::
/////////////////////////////X//////////::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::
///////////////////////////////////////:::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::
/////////////////////////////////////::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::
///////////X//////////////////::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::
/////X///////////////////::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::
X/////////////////////:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::
X::::://///////////////:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::
x::X:x:::::::://///////////:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::
xxx::::::::::::::////////::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
///::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Congratulations and, you're welcome. Many happy returns.
I'm glad Faldage finally responded to the cattle prod.

Congratulations to you both. [There was some sexist rule that you congratulated the male and offered best wishes to the female, but I throw that convention to the winds]. Enjoy the new status. So that's what you were doing sneaking off to the PM room together.
May we hope that your gain is not our loss and that we may continue to hear from both of you for as long as it pleases you.
Rod

Posted By: Faldage Re: Thanks where thanks are due - 06/05/01 01:53 PM
We thanked Anu for giving us the place to meet, but the most heartfelt thanks go to Jackie for seeing us as potential life mates and giving us the gentle shove needed to get us together. Listen to that woman; she is wise beyond her own belief.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Thanks where thanks are due - 06/05/01 01:59 PM
Jackie for seeing us as potential life mates
Ahem--my recollection is somewhat different. I believe I said something to you like, "No guarantees. All I know is that you two are reasonably close in age and that both of you are available. For all I know, you won't be able to stand each other." But I thank you for the compliment.
I said what I did 'cause I thought if I put it any
stronger, you'd get scared away!

Posted By: Bingley Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 02:02 PM
Hearty congratulations to you both, whatever it is you're up to. But don't disappear, will you.

Bingley
Posted By: Faldage Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 02:16 PM
But don't disappear

We have no intentions of disappearing. We both have too many friends here and our individual reasons for being here are still valid.

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: Thanks where thanks are due - 06/05/01 04:00 PM
Jackie
Jackie for seeing us as potential life mates

Jackie, watch out! Do you know that you have just been elevated to wondrous heights, even higher than Pooh-Bah hood. I for one thinks you are the "genie" that we can go to for really fantastic wishes to be fulfilled.

Congratulations! Ana and Faldage. I am beside myself with excitement (pardon the cliche, that is what excitement does to me, I break out in cliches) that this thing can happen. the possibilities are indeed endless when the virtual and the real collide. i think the "realtionship" will thrive because it was conceived and midwifed in AWADtalk. Long live!

chronist
Posted By: Marianna Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 05:47 PM
Congratulations to the both of you... Fancy this being the first post I read after having been absent from Awadtalk for nearly three weeks! Your wonderful news have really made it a special return.
Best wishes and yes, don't leave!
Marianna

I suspected something was up when Faldage suggested we might meet in Atlanta ...

Hey, congratulations to you both. But who gets to hold the copyright on all those words?

See you both in Atlanta in August. Or Ithaca!

Posted By: Sparteye Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 06:31 PM
Atlanta in August

Oh, dear, CK, we really must discuss your itinerary. Fond of saunas, are you?

Well !!!!!!!! Cut orf me legs an' call me shorty!!

What a turn-up for the books !!!

(and other London-based expressions of surprise too robust to be aired in front of delicate ears and people of sensible feelings.)

You're a sly old pair, ain't you! But I must say, it's a jolly good show, what? May you have many years of happiness and contentment and the Stars help the rest of the board if you two are joining forces!.

Now for the serious bit: WHEN'S THE PARTY ??

Posted By: Faldage Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 06:39 PM
Rhuby notes: the Stars help the rest of the board if you two are joining forces!

We bin double teaming y'all for a while now, Rhuby. We just ben doon it to make it look like we were antagonistic to each other.

Posted By: wow Re: ... we kin hardly believe it our own se'fs - 06/05/01 08:17 PM
Thanks, Anu
Who knew?

The evidence supports the conclusion that Jackie was the Seer who saw what all were blind to but you two!

My goodness! Happy, happy day! Best wishes and all happiness to you both.

Posted By: jimthedog Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/05/01 09:09 PM
Yay. How come I never can geuss beforehand?

jimthedog
Certainly in order are the heartiest of congratulations, although to believe your news I am scarcely able. Conceptually, I detected nothing. Intrinsically, however,abounding were subtle suspicions. May the miracles of the universe, hitherto cloudy and obscure, continue to reveal themselves -clearly and happily!!- to you both in the fullness of God's eternal Time.

Ah! Spring is in the air!!!...albeit a cyber-Spring! Congrats to you both, and what a wondrous time to announce when all the roses are in full bloom! Have a happy journey together!

And I hereby dub Jackie, Grand Pooh-Bah the First!...The Magic Maker!

Posted By: Avy Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/06/01 12:33 AM

All Happiness to both of you.

Oh, dear, CK, we really must discuss your itinerary. Fond of saunas, are you?

No, not particularly, but I am fond of cheap airfares to Europe. KLM fly cheap from Atlanta to Amsterdam. Ergo, heigh-ho it's into the Georgian Sauna we go!

Will chill out in Michigan first, however! And yes, I do realise that this is the reverse order of normal events.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Thanks, y'all - 06/06/01 09:58 AM
I deeply appreciate the kind words and felicitations, both public and private. It was important to us to make a formal announcement here since y'all comprise the community we met in (with a little help from our friend ) .

And indeed, I ain't goin' nowhere... I'll continue to slouch toward Pooh-Bahdom -- perhaps to achieve it by AWADtalk's second anniversary -- harrumphing® all the way.

(note to CapK: a Southern sauna is just the thang to leach out the impurities y'all'll have collected along the way )

Posted By: maverick Re: Thanks, y'all - 06/06/01 10:32 AM
Many congratulations and much love to you both.

Whatever delights and desperations you face together in the future, we certainly all know one thing: you'll never be lost for words!

Doesn't it feel somehow like AWAD coming of age, too?

And where will be the party be?

Posted By: paulb Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/06/01 11:21 AM
Wonderful news, AnnaStrophic and Faldage! I suppose this is the cyber equivalent of 'posting the banns'. May all your words be happy ones.

And a special hug for the matchmaker.

Posted By: Faldage Re: To Scribbler - 06/06/01 11:52 AM
I need not say for what.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: Thanks, y'all - 06/06/01 02:07 PM
And where will be the party be?

In Michigan. We have plenty of room.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Thanks, y'all - 06/06/01 02:48 PM
>In Michigan. We have plenty of room.

were that the major criterium, North Dakota should be the place. plus it's centrally located.

Posted By: Faldage As Black Elk pointed out - 06/06/01 03:27 PM
tsuwm helpfully points out, in reference to a site for the party that North Dakota should be the place...it's centrally located.

In the book Black Elk Speaks Black Elk, Lakota religious man, had occasion to refer to a certain place as the center of the Earth. He then noted that every place is the center of the Earth but that some places do a better job of it than others.

Posted By: Flatlander Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/06/01 03:41 PM
I'll add my warmest congratulations to the growing list, and wish you both nothing but the best. What an exciting development and what a milestone for AWADtalk! The little community we have here becomes tighter and closer everyday, while newcomers are still warmly welcomed. I am so happy for you both.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: As Black Elk pointed out - 06/06/01 03:54 PM
faldage foments In the book Black Elk Speaks Black Elk, Lakota religious man, had occasion to refer to a certain place as the center of the Earth. He then noted that every place is the center of the Earth but that some places do a better job of it than others.

1. Black Elk was a medicine man of the Oglala (a.k.a. Lakota, or Dakota) Sioux tribe
2. I lived for a few years in Lakota, ND
3. Rugby, ND is promoted as the geographical center of N. America

all of which goes to support Black Elk's conclusion.

Posted By: nancyk Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/06/01 11:38 PM
As many of YOU may have suspected, I am among the clueless ones! But, obviously, all is possible with AWADtalk! May I add my heartiest congratulations, AnnaS and Faldage, along with wishes for every happiness.

nk

Posted By: Father Steve Standing By - 06/07/01 03:41 AM
Blessings on your both, from one lover to two others. I will have to research the canons to determine if I may offer to solemnize your vows over this net, perhaps on the chat thing that Jackie piloted. Ain't love grand?

Posted By: doc_comfort Re: Thanks, y'all - 06/07/01 05:22 AM
I hear Australia's nice .....

Worse verse for the doggerel bag --
For the Affianced: A HYMN TO THEM

Anna

Was Anna, ere Anna SAW?
Saw David, did Anna
Anna WAS!!!

David

Was David, ere David SAW?
Saw Anna, did David
David WAS!!

And, sans dout, a ring was Anna's Trophy !!

( Perhaps the pellogical philogolists of AWAD can unScribble this anastrophitic, palindromoidically hyper-haikuoidal semi-sonnette into..... the nearest dustbin.)

- The Putatively Poetaster Laureaster of AWAD -
(Until poetic license is revoked for writing whilst intoxicated)

BTW, Faldage, have you considered an island honeymoon? (Able was I ere I saw Elba.)

Wait a section here. Gots to confer...

Posted By: Hyla Re: P.S. (Post-Scribble) A Poetaster's Disaster - 06/07/01 04:02 PM
My tardy but hearty congratulations to you both!

I have to agree with maverick and others, this really feels like a coming of age for AWAD, as well as a happy moment in real life (out there in the big room with no walls).

Mille felicidades für vous both!

Posted By: Flatlander Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/07/01 04:24 PM
I wonder if you two will be the next ayleurs to have their fifteen minutes of fame in AWADmail? I bet news of a successful yenta will bring flocks of available word buffs to our little corner of the internet. Good news for all of you singles out there (but as I scan my mental memory banks, it seems like most of us are committed (in relationships, if not in the institutional sense)).

Congrats again, and F. Steve, you can't really perform internet weddings, can you?

Posted By: maverick Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/07/01 04:33 PM
internet weddings

Gives a whole new meaning to Internet Service Provider

Posted By: of troy Internet weddings - 06/07/01 05:05 PM
funny you should mention that-- today's NY Times has an article about a web site Rentapriest.com..

You can find and rent a RC priest for your wedding. (at this point its only US-- and everyone hates the name. but i am sure it will coming to a web site near you soon...

the NY Time article
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/07/technology/07PRIE.html

You might find taking off the 07prei and going to technology and then looking will work better..

Posted By: Jackie Re: As some of you may have suspected... - 06/07/01 05:37 PM
I bet news of a successful yenta will bring flocks of available word buffs to our little corner of the internet.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
I just got rid (I hope) of that guy in India. No more out-of-the-blue people, please!!!!

Posted By: Father Steve Internet Weddings - 06/07/01 06:42 PM
I know a priest who claims to have married two people in Alaska by citizen's band radio. The couple were in the same spot but the officiant was remote. This may be an apocryphal story but, if it is not, there is some precedent lurking in it for Internet-mediated weddings. No?

Again, thanking all of you for your kind words (Scribbler, only outdone by your graciousness is your creativity) and offering a wee clarification:

What have decided to do is eliminate the 737 as-the-crow-flies miles between us. We're just a coupla apprentice geezers looking for a crossword puzzle partner. No weddings or babies in the foreseeable future.

© Wordsmith.org