Wordsmith.org
Posted By: BranShea Stuff your stuff ! - 05/23/12 09:00 AM
Really getting pretty annoyed by handbags, babypowder, shoes and other crummy articles. Be assured NO ONE wil click your silly links here. So shove it! Go play somewhere else.
Posted By: Rhubarb Commando Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 09:09 PM
Amen, Branny! But Jackie is pretty swift in getting rid of these nuisances. Bless her!
Posted By: BranShea Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 09:16 PM
Yes, most of the time. And sometimes I just get irritated when the baby carriers keep hanging on for a bit longer. Stupid rotzooi. (still irritated) cheers!

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Rhubarb Commando
Amen, Branny! But Jackie is pretty swift in getting rid of these nuisances. Bless her!

I fear that J has naught to do with this.. it seems to take an actual Anu intervention!
Posted By: Faldage Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 09:26 PM
Report it with the Notify option and have the satisfaction of getting an acknowledgement from Anu thanking you for reporting it and the knowledge that the poster has been deleted and banned. Then, when the same poster comes back a little later with the same spam, you get to do the whole thing all over again.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 11:44 PM
Were y'all talkin' about the wedding gown post? I just deleted that one; sorry for the delay. Mea culpa.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/26/12 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Faldage
Report it with the Notify option and have the satisfaction of getting an acknowledgement from Anu thanking you for reporting it and the knowledge that the poster has been deleted and banned. Then, when the same poster comes back a little later with the same spam, you get to do the whole thing all over again.

When I'm the first one to get to it, I always get a
thank you from Anu.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/27/12 07:32 AM
She does have the great power to delete whatever she likes, right Jackie? Glad she never misuses that power. laugh But, sigh...
Posted By: BranShea Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/27/12 08:50 PM
Strange word to look at 'misuses', looks like you should pronounce it 'my suses'.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/28/12 01:39 AM
Dear Branny,

You can be my suses any time you want. wink

And yes, I can delete and/or edit any post, I believe. I have taken my cue from Anu, however, and keep my hands off, barring spam or a specific request by the person who has posted.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/28/12 01:50 AM
I'm wondering though about the use of the notify button: do those posts actually get handled by Anu? the replies I've seen don't usually seem automated; i.e., they often have a personal slant, and I've assumed they actually come from him!
Posted By: Faldage Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/28/12 11:09 AM
Originally Posted By: tsuwm
I'm wondering though about the use of the notify button: do those posts actually get handled by Anu? the replies I've seen don't usually seem automated; i.e., they often have a personal slant, and I've assumed they actually come from him!

Same here. I think they really do get handled by him. Note also that sometimes a post here is repeated in the weekly AWADmail issue email.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/28/12 03:25 PM
My responses also seem to have a personal slant, at least
it seems so to me. His last comment: "Keep on swatting
them, they keep coming".
Posted By: Jackie Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/30/12 02:08 AM
!! I have never used the Notify button--it has never occurred to me. Come to think of it, I've not used any of those except Edit and Reply. Oh well--call me tunnel-visioned.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/30/12 04:23 PM
Using the notify button came after a lengthy discussion here
as to whether it was quicker/better than the Contact Us
link at the top, and the comments made on the thread following
a spam post. Many got sick of those comments, and the notify
button was the answer, with others refraining from comments
until Anu deleted the post.
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/30/12 05:21 PM
Using the notify button came after a lengthy discussion here
as to whether it was quicker/better than the Contact Us
link at the top, and the comments made on the thread following
a spam post. Many got sick of those comments, and the notify
button was the answer, with others refraining from comments
until Anu deleted the post.

By using the Notify button, Anu is only notified once per piece of spam rather than presumably multiple times. If I click the Notify button on a piece of spam posting and nobody else has done so, then I will be able to write a short email to Anu and he will get rid of the offending piece of spam. If, on the other hand, somebody else has already notified Anu about this particular piece of spam, then the would-be notifier is told that somebody else has notified the admin about this piece of spam.

This was explained more than once.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 05/30/12 05:45 PM
That too.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Stuff your stuff ! - 06/02/12 02:38 AM
Sorry--either I missed it completely or, more likely, my brain did not retain that info.
© Wordsmith.org