Wordsmith.org
Posted By: kallen Downloading words - 03/27/12 01:30 PM
I'd like to use the word-a-day words when I'm off-line (ie not connected to the internet). Does anyone have a piece of code, link, java script etc that might allow me to download the words to my laptop so I can actually use them when I'm writing and not connected?

If not, is there a downloadable dictionary/thesaurus out there that anyone might recommend?

Thank you, Keith
Posted By: Faldage Re: Downloading words - 03/27/12 09:46 PM
Pen and notebook™. It's available at brick and mortar stores everywhere.
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Downloading words - 03/28/12 08:59 AM
Thanks for the great tip, Faldage. I'm bookmarking this thread.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Downloading words - 04/06/12 01:22 PM
Hi, k, and welcome. growf danged unhelpful though not malicious responses argh

I don't know much about technology but if your laptop can get e-mail just open the W's A D on it and they'll be stored there and thus available all the time, won't they?

And, thanks to tsuwm I know about Onelook, which I think is great. I esp. love the reverse look-up option even though my success rate with it is only about ten percent.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Downloading words - 11/13/12 04:23 PM
Spam festival again.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Downloading words - 11/14/12 09:37 PM
Spam festival again. Oh? I missed something, sorry. Think I'll get rid of the other one now.
Posted By: Hellenjohn Re: Downloading words - 04/24/13 09:58 AM
I like this post.It brings me a lot of fun. At the same time I learned something.If you want to know more carefully,I suggest you carefully check on the Internet.

Posted By: James White Re: Downloading words - 09/06/13 07:07 AM
Is this a new word? I have never heard about it before.

Posted By: Bazr Re: Downloading words - 06/12/14 08:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Jackie

And, thanks to tsuwm I know about Onelook, which I think is great. I esp. love the reverse look-up option even though my success rate with it is only about ten percent.

Onelook looks like a great reference site.
© Wordsmith.org