Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm anniversary special - 03/13/11 06:20 AM
March 14 marks the 11th anniversary of Wordsmith Talk, originally known as AWADtalk. I've provided a link to this thread to several old friends from the early years, and some of them may drop by in the next couple days to commemorate the occasion.

let's leave this space for them, the current regulars can watch for Anu's usual announcement under this same Topic.
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 10:56 AM
It's been a while since I did any more than have a nosey around the site. Eleven years, eh? I remember back in the day that the cogniscenti confidently predicted that boards like this would survive for one or two years, tops. AWAD, Wordsmith Talk, call it what you like, it's survived for a lot longer than those predications. For the current prolix membership, keep it up. I won't promise to come back on a regular basis as I have other things to do, but I will continue to pop in from time to time. Congratulations to you all for sticking at it and, again, thanks to Anu Garg for starting it all off all those years ago!
Posted By: Avy Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 01:15 PM
Hello Capital K. So good to see you even if for a short time. Returning the warm welcome you gave me once long back.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 02:05 PM
Thanks to tsuwm for starting this thread. And thanks to Anu for starting this board. I have not only learned a great deal here but have made some wonderful friends. There have been significant changes to the board since I was a regular denizen. Blessings!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Father Steve
There have been significant changes to the board since I was a regular denizen.

yeah, amongst other things, the look of it. as in pink

NB: AWADtalk began life on the 6th anniversary of AWAD, thus the Happy Sexennium, AWAD! thread (the very first thread!)
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 03:27 PM
It certainly did look different, and it seems it was
quite a bit hard to navigate. Thanks for the look back.
Posted By: shanks Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 03:56 PM
Many thanks to tsuwm for starting this thread and reminding some of us early members about it.

Many thanks to all of you who keep this such a buzzing and alive place.

Many thanks to Jackie for the hard work she has always put into it.

Above all, thanks Mr Garg for being the onlie begetter of this wondrous space.

Here's looking forward to, in one form or another, 11 or 16 more years.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 04:38 PM
Thanks to all for keeping the place humming along. Had some lovely times here. Happy anniversary!

(Still haven't potted that kiwi, Cap?)
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 05:35 PM
indeed, thanks to all!

*the artist formerly known as etaoin....

:¬ )
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: anniversary special - 03/13/11 10:17 PM
A Prince of a man!
Posted By: Avy Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 12:53 AM
... And buffalos
[Running for cover]
Hello and welcome inselpete and Ravi.
Posted By: Jackie Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 02:41 AM
Yep: MANY thanks, Anu. You have expanded my world, quite literally. I have learned smatterings of languages previously unconsidered, for ex. Afrikaans and Indonesian. I have learned SO much about other cultures (ex. Diwali) as well as untold kinds of other information. I have made wonderful friends, traveled to another continent, co-wrote a song with somebody in Japan, and learned a little more about myself along the way.
thank you
Posted By: inselpeter Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 02:50 AM
Great link, Jackie, my sweet!
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 01:23 PM
I enjoyed this forum for many years and still pop back occasionally. I have a special reason to be grateful to Anu for starting it up: as he knows, I met my husband Faldage here!
Posted By: Candy Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 01:32 PM
Oh Anna.....how romantic. That is special.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: AnnaStrophic
I enjoyed this forum for many years and still pop back occasionally. I have a special reason to be grateful to Anu for starting it up: as he knows, I met my husband Faldage here!

That is a first! So much better than an online dating
service. I am happy for you.
Posted By: nancyk Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 07:51 PM
Indeed, a wonderful - and appropriate - link, Jackie!

I would also like to add my thanks to Anu for the gift of AWAD, and this Board. I, too, no longer frequent it as often as I once did, but I very much appreciate the connections I've made and the information I've gleaned from this wonderful Board! Here's to many more years!
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: anniversary special - 03/14/11 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: inselpeter
Thanks to all for keeping the place humming along. Had some lovely times here. Happy anniversary!

(Still haven't potted that kiwi, Cap?)

Nope. B*stards refuse to die!
Posted By: Avy Re: anniversary special - 03/15/11 01:38 AM
Sorry capka. Self deprecation has been patented by me. You have to pay stupid ol' me to use it.
Posted By: Jackie Re: anniversary special - 03/15/11 01:56 AM
I got that link here; forgot who posted it, sorry. Maybe Max.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: anniversary special - 03/15/11 04:36 PM
Anu announced wordsmith.org's 17th anniversary in Yesterday's Word (Monday, that is). so I guess that's it as to Anu's comments.

here's a link to the original board announcement: on the occasion of the sexennium

I noticed that in eleven(11) years, Wordsmith has posted here only 117 times. now that's hands off.
Posted By: Avy Re: anniversary special - 03/17/11 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
I got that link here; forgot who posted it, sorry. Maybe Max.
Was Max not interested in posting for the anniversary special? Twitter can't be THAT terrific.
Posted By: Jackie Re: anniversary special - 03/17/11 02:34 AM
He started having some worsening problems a while back; I doubt that we'll see him here again. I miss him.
Posted By: Faldage Re: anniversary special - 03/17/11 10:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
I miss him.

You and a whole lot of other folks.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: anniversary special - 03/17/11 12:25 PM
yup.

:¬ (
Posted By: Zed Re: anniversary special - 03/24/11 05:25 AM
Late to the party as usual but I got a note from Bran that reminded me to drop I in to say Hi. AWAD broadened my world and gave me friends that I value and several that I miss. I'll be back but sporadically until life slows down a bit.
It is difficult to come back after a long absence. The backlog of unread threads is intimidating.
© Wordsmith.org