Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 02:36 PM
I had to check the "I accept" box before getting to the forum.
Posted By: twosleepy Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 02:38 PM
Is there something going on that I missed? confused
well, we think that's because they upgraded the recent upgrade.
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 03:17 PM
Ah, OK. btw, Buffy, are you speaking in the royal or the editorial we?
heh

we as in those of us that noticed and mentioned it in the other post about Board wonkiness.

I took the Royal Wee this morning.

:¬ )
Posted By: twosleepy Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 05:10 PM
Well, I'm American, but I guess European... ;0P

I was wondering if there'd been some huge dust-up or something of that nature...
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 05:35 PM
Might be the "divine" We.
Originally Posted By: twosleepy
Well, I'm American, but I guess European...

heh
Posted By: BranShea Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 07:17 PM
That would be a crowd, I guess. And I prefer to take the Royal tea. ( has any of you tried not to accept the rules? )
Originally Posted By: BranShea
( has any of you tried not to accept the rules? )

yeah. when I tried to get to the Main Page, it just brought me back to the Rules button.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 12/07/09 10:51 PM
re: not accepting the rules

it seems kind of pointless, since we've been using the board with this disclaimer, "Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it." since.. well, for a very long time now.

I imagine the new box is just someone else's idea of the best way to preclude liability.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Why the new board rules disclaimer? - 03/13/10 02:21 AM
It is, dear friend, an absurdly litigious society in which we live.
© Wordsmith.org