Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu back up? - 03/05/08 02:03 AM
looks like we were down for awhile, and now back, but with a couple of days' posts gone.

welcome back, all!
Posted By: Jackie Re: back up? - 03/05/08 02:43 AM
Golly--with yesterday's and today's earlier (if any) posts gone, I wonder if these two will be gone when the real AWAD comes back? [Alice e]
Posted By: Hydra Re: back up? - 03/05/08 05:40 AM
Okay. That explains it.

Please ignore my other posts about thread traveling back in time.
Posted By: The Pook Re: back up? - 03/05/08 06:15 AM
hmm... not fair I lost 9 posts - only had two more to go up to 'member'. Now I'm back to 89.
Posted By: Hydra Re: back up? - 03/05/08 06:41 AM
Well, that's one. Now just post the above 7 times for good luck, and once more to celebrate your promotion.
Posted By: Wordsmith Re: back up? - 03/09/08 12:27 AM
I upgraded the software but the process didn't go smoothly. I had to roll it back and, unfortunately, a couple of days worth of posts were lost. Sorry about that.

We have an order pending with the software vendor to perform the upgrade, but they are not known for a fast response time.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: back up? - 03/11/08 12:58 AM
Thank you for your efforts in maintaining this site. The loss of a few posts is nothing for we minions to fret about.
Posted By: Zed Re: back up? - 03/11/08 01:01 AM
what Sparteye said!
Posted By: Faldage Re: back up? - 03/11/08 10:51 AM
Good thing she ain't a prescrip.
Posted By: Wordsmith Re: back up? - 03/13/08 06:10 PM
The software update is finished now. The most important change is the addition of captcha in user registration. This will discourage automated registrations and subsequent spamming.

Let me know if something isn't working. Thanks for your patience.
© Wordsmith.org