Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Emily Friends and Lovers - 03/20/07 03:01 AM
Friends and lovers who met on AWAD? What fun! I'm out here in Hawaii, always happy to exchange aloha with interesting people. Email: palaka@hawaii.rr.com
Posted By: Faldage Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/20/07 10:11 AM
Couldn't get much lover than the lovely AnnaS and me. We didn't even dream of each other's existence and I, for one, didn't come here with the idea of finding a true love and teammate for life.
Posted By: olly Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/20/07 10:35 AM
Mahalo Emily,
Aroha mai.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/20/07 01:57 PM
Email ... Please take her at her word.
Posted By: Aramis Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/20/07 06:57 PM
Had a suspicion that is who it was. What a nice story.
Posted By: Emily Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 05:40 AM
Aroha mai to you! My former daughter-in-law (Janine Bott) is an indigenous artist in Australia, and she piques my interest to visit that part of the world.
Posted By: olly Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 08:23 AM
Kia ora all,
Some people may not be acquainted with the language of my polynesian ancestors. Hawaiian Aloha is the same as aroa, or love in Cook island maori. Our Ancestors shared a common origin as well as a similar respect & aroa for each other. Our languages and to a certain extent our way of thought, food, music, and allsorts share aroha.
Kia manuia (good luck)
Posted By: Jackie Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 01:54 PM
Thank you, olly, for making this thread have something to do with language.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
Thank you, olly, for making this thread have something to do with language.

this is Information and Announcements. what does that have to do with language?

:¬ )
Posted By: Emily Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 05:17 PM
Sorry, folks. I'm new at this, and apparently chose the wrong forum. Aloha anyway.
Emily
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 05:23 PM
no, Emily, I was defending your placement of the thread. Jackie's just picking nits.

Posted By: Aramis Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/21/07 07:40 PM
She does seem a bit snippy just now. Perhaps she has been subjected to too many needling posters of late.
Posted By: olly Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/22/07 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: etaoin
no, Emily, I was defending your placement of the thread. Jackie's just picking nits.

Did you know etaoin, that the Ukulele is made up of two words the first being Uku(fleas or nits) the second lele (fly, as in spread your wings and..) The sound a good Ukulele player made was likened to fleas jumping around on the strings.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/22/07 10:08 AM
I didn't know that! but I did learn to tune one by singing "my dog has fleas", GCEA. and I saw a video not that long ago of some absolutely amazing uke playing. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

here it is! While My Guitar Gently Weeps

enjoy!
Posted By: BranShea Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/22/07 10:55 AM
beautiful.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/22/07 03:18 PM
I was hoping to avoid this, but feel now that I can't. Emily, you have made a total of three posts; none of them indicate anything more than that you seem to be looking for friends and/or romance. This is a language/word discussion board, and if you have any interest in those, I haven't been able to tell it. I am not inviting you to leave, but rather to indicate some interest in what this board is here for, if you have any. Most newcomers start off with a question about a word or a comment on one of the Words A Day. You didn't, is all.

eta, olly, and Aramis: all of you best watch it, or I shall be snipping you, sirs! (wink)
Posted By: Aramis Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/22/07 07:08 PM
[Graak!] Sorry, ma'am.
Posted By: Jackie Psst-- - 03/22/07 08:57 PM
--run your cursor over the space beneath my last sentence (in the post above).

Edit: Graak? Sounds like a burp; VERY bad manners!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Psst-- - 03/22/07 09:11 PM
my main WorldofWarcraft character's name is Gaack.

:¬ D
Posted By: Emily Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/23/07 01:35 AM
At the risk of further annoying Jackie, the ukulele player is Jake Shimabukuru, a 30 year old Honolulu man. His name is Japanese. (Is this a language thread?) Emily
Posted By: themilum Re: Friends and Lovers - 03/23/07 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Emily
At the risk of further annoying Jackie, the ukulele player is Jake Shimabukuru, a 30 year old Honolulu man. His name is Japanese. (Is this a language thread?) Emily

Emily. Be kind.

Yes this is a language thread and no Jackie was not annoyed and wow yes, Jake Shimabukuru has much vertu with the uke.
The likes of which I guess I'll not hear again before I die in 2046.

That Jake is a genius.
Posted By: Aramis Re: Psst-- - 03/23/07 07:36 PM
Missed it that time.

Little birdies do not do that.
Posted By: musick Re: Psst-- - 03/24/07 04:54 PM
I might be showing my *age, but methinks Emily has been here before... long ago, for a blink it time's eye.
© Wordsmith.org