Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Finally! - 02/05/07 01:41 PM
We are having actual, truly, COLD weather! The HIGH today is only supposed to be about 20ºF (-6.6 C); when I woke up, it was 5º (-15). YAAAAAAAAAYYYY! I even had the window open a crack, to make sleeping better!

(Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with language; but I'm just so happy!)
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 01:45 PM
yes, well it was -17ºF here when I got up this morning. <grump>
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 02:15 PM
Here, too. <grump>
Posted By: of troy Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 02:39 PM
This morning low was 10 (f)--yesterday's high was 17(f)
but the wind is fearse, and it feels colder.

(i have a weather 'station' that records high's and lows, (inside and out) but it doesn't record wind speed/gusts)
Posted By: BranShea Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 02:54 PM
Quote:

We are having actual, truly, COLD weather! The HIGH today is only supposed to be about 20ºF (-6.6 C); when I woke up, it was 5º (-15). YAAAAAAAAAYYYY! I even had the window open a crack, to make sleeping better!

(Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with language; but I'm just so happy!)

No! No! No! No! I can't accept this, Jackie! you know How I Suffer for the lack of frost!!!!! Give it back to us, this cold . It does not belong that far south and you don't even want to skate.....

Jealous! Jealous -- --
Posted By: ParkinT Re: Low Temperatures - 02/05/07 07:10 PM
Here in Orlando we got ALL THE WAY DOWN to about 50(f).
Of course, there were deadly storms; the price you pay for eternal warm weather, eh?

==============
Thanks to those of you who expressed concern (in PM) for my safety.
It is so nice to feel recognized and appreciated by such a scholarly group!
Posted By: Jackie Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 08:21 PM
It's not that I don't want to skate--just over a nice, solid FLOOR instead of open water.

And, you'll have to apply to Canada for that wonderful cold air; they're the ones who granted it to us.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Finally! - 02/05/07 09:08 PM
I grant you fully the pleasure of the thing I'm missing 't Was 'the window open a crack' that caused my emotional disorder. We still have a chance. We had a winter that started 11 Feb. and gave a whole deepfrozen month. 6 days of hope.
© Wordsmith.org