Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Alex Williams did my cookie crumble? - 03/03/06 07:53 PM
Something seems to be amiss with either the bulletin board or my computers. It keeps showing me the same, already-viewed posts as new posts. For example, I've already checked out Jackie's post in Miscellany, Rappin' on da grill, but each time I visit the main page that article is presented to me as if I hadn't seen it yet.

Most puzzling. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Posted By: Father Steve Re: did my cookie crumble? - 03/03/06 08:39 PM
Yes. This occurs routinely. I respond by going to the page where one's personal settings are set and punching the "mark everything as read" button -- twice.

I also have the maddening experience of being signed-in on this board, opening IE in another window, looking at something, coming back to the board and being signed out, as an apparent consequence of having the audacity to have two copies of the same browser open and on-line at once. Grrrr.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: did my cookie crumble? - 03/03/06 11:27 PM
>two copies of the same browser

I often do this, esp. whilst mastering hogwash results, and haven't had a problem.

try clearing your cache? cookies?
Posted By: maverick Re: did my cookie crumble? - 03/04/06 01:56 AM
> cache? cookies?

nah, I reckon this upgraded software is hinky - I have to do Father Steve's trick every time too, Alex. It's a pain.
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: did my cookie crumble? - 03/04/06 04:14 PM
Maybe what happens to y'all -- it happens to me -- is that when a new thread starts, instead of clicking on the forum name, I click on Last Post. That ends up not being registered as a read post, so it remains a New Post.
© Wordsmith.org