Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Sparteye WOW - 03/01/06 07:06 PM
Gosh - it's been a while since I've visited. Imagine my surprise to see how busy you've been, spiffing up the place, all shiny and new and redecorated.

Well done!

except that the color scheme should be green
Posted By: tsuwm Re: WOW - 03/01/06 07:19 PM
Spartann, go to My Home.. Display Preferences.. Style Sheet.. then select Green Day!
Posted By: belMarduk Re: WOW - 03/01/06 07:19 PM
Hi! Nice to see you.

ooooo, your ears must have been buzzing yesterday.

I was grumbling when I walked in from work and the tall dog (as opposed to the long one), after dunking his head up to his ears in the toilet to drink, came sloshing out of the bathroom, a line of water trailing behind him, and rammed into me with all the love and enthusiasm of a 120 puppy and sloshed my grey wool skirt...

And I thought...

Ann never told me it would be this way.
Posted By: belMarduk Re: WOW - 03/01/06 07:21 PM
Oh and we can never walk around bare-footed anymore. Well, we can, but at the risk of aquaplaning on wet hardwood floor...
Posted By: Sparteye Re: WOW - 03/01/06 07:41 PM
tsuwm - thanks for the info. Next question: how do I make it so that everybody's display is Green Day?

BelM - the secret is ... keep the toilet seat lids down, and put an absorbent pad underneath the water bowl. Jeff says to say, "WOOF!"
Posted By: belMarduk Re: WOW - 03/01/06 07:57 PM

I tried the water-bowl idea, but with the two dogs, it's a toughie.

The long one is too short to drink from a bowl large enough to satiate the tall one. Actually, he climbs up onto the bath ledge to drink out of the toilet with the tall one.

Plus, and for some unknown reason, this is how both of the doggie brains seem to work....

"Hmmm. Lookie Hercules drinking there outta that tiny bowl. The water in Hercules' bowl is evidently much better than mine. Gotta have that water. Lemme just shimmy him outta the way"

Big doggie scuffle, water everywhere.

And you know Hercules is looking sideways at the big old bowl Chico's lapping out of and thinking that that there water has got to be better than his.

I love my puppies.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: WOW - 03/01/06 09:45 PM
>how do I make it so that everybody's display is Green Day?

I, for one, could be bought...
Posted By: maverick Re: mwah! - 03/01/06 11:19 PM
Ann - wonderful to see you again! hey, if that's what it might take to keep you around here I'd even join the bloody Spartans cheer squad... "go, SpartAnn, go!"
Posted By: Jackie Re: WOW - 03/02/06 01:52 AM
Ann, wonderful to see you!
Spartann, go to My Home.. Dang, tsuwm, you've never invited ME to your house!
Posted By: Faldage Re: WOW - 03/02/06 11:43 AM
Welcome home, Ann. You decided to run for governor yet?
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: WOW - 03/02/06 01:00 PM
Quote:

Ann, wonderful to see you!
Spartann, go to My Home.. Dang, tsuwm, you've never invited ME to your house!

If I hadn't been presented with proof already, thanks to Sparteye, I would say tsuwm doesn't exist, in the same manner that Anu doesn't. [/man behind the curtain]

Spartann, I'm happy to see you treading these boards again. And (you'll be proud of me) I figured out what the green thang is about.
Posted By: Jackie Re: WOW - 03/02/06 04:34 PM
I figured out what the green thang is about. Oh, I'm sure Miz Shig Ann would prefer Blue...
Posted By: nancyk Re: WOW - 03/02/06 04:53 PM
Nice to see you, Ann, but my kids'll disown me if I post in MSU green - it's maize-n-blue or nothin'.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: WOW - 03/02/06 06:01 PM
You call it maize; we call it corn.

And how about them Buckeyes?
Posted By: Jackie Re: WOW - 03/02/06 06:12 PM
Y'all're funny! Everybody knows that the important rivalry is: do you like U of L or UK !
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: WOW - 03/02/06 08:22 PM
Go big blue!

Now Jackie I know you are a Louisville fan, but that's okay. Nobody's perfect.
Posted By: Bingley Re: WOW - 03/03/06 01:25 AM
You mean U of L is big enough to take on four countries?
Let me translate that into Kentuckian for you:

"The U.K." = United Kingdom
"U.K." = University of Kentucky
"Satan incarnate" = Duke University Blue Devils
I literally LOL'ed at those last couple of comments!

I'll add my own little acronym datum: the Rochester Institute of Technology is actually located in the suburb of South Henrietta.
Well, that's ritsh.
Now you're going 'way back. I coulda sworn I learned it as the Sam Houston Institute of Technology..
© Wordsmith.org