Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage De Ground Frog - 02/04/06 01:39 AM
De Ground Frog, he come up out de hole. And he open one eye. And he look around. And he open the nother eye. And he look around some more. And if the one eye see the the nother eye they gonna be 40 days and 40 nights of rain, or winter, whichever more convenient.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: De Ground Frog - 02/04/06 03:31 AM
De ground frog, she is very good, when you sautee dat wit de bacon grease, de shallot, de garlic and jus' a lil bit o' de white wine.
Posted By: gonoldothrond Re: De Ground Frog - 02/06/06 06:37 PM
But you don' need to stop wit jus' a lil bit o' wine, you can use de whole bottle, no?
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: De Ground Frog - 02/06/06 06:43 PM
The rest of the wine is in the vain attempt to wash away the taste of the ground hog.

Unless of course the recipe above is actually for frog legs, in which case the rest of the wine is just to enjoy. I ate frog legs once many years ago and was surprised by how big they were. I had never seen a hopping big bullfrog, apparently.
Posted By: Zed Re: De Ground Frog - 02/08/06 11:50 PM
The only time I had frogs legs the plate arrived with a pile of little attached pairs of legs about 1 1/2 inches tall. Poor things were barely past tadpole.

Tasty but time consuming.
Posted By: Jackie Re: De Ground Frog - 02/09/06 01:55 AM
EW--ew--I watched my husband fix a pair of fresh ones; and, and, when he put them in the skillet...they moved! [horrors e] I'm not real fond of eating any food that looks back at me, and I definitely don't want it moving.
Posted By: Zed Re: De Ground Frog - 02/14/06 11:58 PM
How about tongue?

(hee hee)
Posted By: Jackie Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 12:43 AM
Not a chance. My parents tried to get me to eat that when I was a child; that thing just...lay there on the plate, looking exactly like what it was. Ick. So, a stick-out of the (ahem) tongue to you and your hee-hees, missy! [borrowing from belM e]
Posted By: Bingley Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 03:24 AM
Sooooo, you won't eat it if it's moving or if it just lies there. What does that leave?
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 12:52 PM
Quote:

Sooooo, you won't eat it if it's moving or if it just lies there. What does that leave?

She shuts her eyes and thinks of England?
Posted By: Jackie Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 01:12 PM
Oh, you-ALL!
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 01:39 PM
Jackie, you're such a good straight man.
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 06:53 PM
I bet dat galvanised you right into action, Jacqueline ....
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: De Ground Frog - 02/15/06 07:32 PM
Oh don't sound so pithed.
Posted By: Jackie Re: De Ground Frog - 02/16/06 01:50 AM
acyoution
© Wordsmith.org