Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Shoshannah CHAT PROBLEMS - 02/26/01 02:38 PM
I was all set to join the chat today with Prof. David Crystal, but when I tried, I got an error message that because of "firewall" or "proxie server" problems, I couldn't connect. Well, I don't use proxies at all and as far as I know, all or most servers use firewalls for protection... any ideas out there???

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 02/26/01 02:45 PM
See Bingley's *!@%&* thread below... I'm connecting from home (no virtual firewall here) and haven't been able to get in to any of the chats. Something about applets....

Posted By: belMarduk Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 02/26/01 09:28 PM
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=16519&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

Double click on above Shoshannah - you'll find thread AnnaS was referring to.

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 03/04/01 02:59 AM
Am I missing something or is there a problem with the transcription of the latest AWAD chat? I am still waiting to read about the chat with David Crystal that I missed to join first hand. Does anybody know? I e-mailed using feedback but heaven knows when or if I will get an answer.

chronist
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 03/04/01 03:12 AM
belM,
Remember what tsuwm taught us... (YARTing toward Bethlehem)... don't quote the whole thread, it distends the window.
This suffices:

http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=16519

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 03/04/01 03:17 AM
wordcrazy, the signature chronist, asks: Am I missing something or is there a problem with the transcription of the latest AWAD chat? I am still waiting to read about the chat with David Crystal that I missed to join first hand. Does anybody know? I e-mailed using feedback but heaven knows when or if I will get an answer.

Welcomings and commiserations. To get to the man behind the curtain, I suggest you contact Jackie or wow.

Posted By: wow Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 03/04/01 02:44 PM
I e-mailed using feedback but heaven knows when or if I will get an answer.
Welcomings and commiserations. To get to the man behind the curtain, I suggest you contact Jackie or wow.
Oh dear! Thank you for the vote of confidence but my one answer from The Great Wordsmith was a one in a lifetime thing!
To get Anu's ear, betake thyself to Jackie!
I am merely the High Priestess, servant to the Rani Jackie!
{Namaste and deep, reverential bow toward Kentucky}
wow

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: CHAT PROBLEMS - 03/05/01 01:05 PM
Thanks to AnnaStrophic and Wow for commiserating. Today I was informed that the transcript to David Crystal's chat is now available. The man behind the curtain answered!

chronist
© Wordsmith.org