Wordsmith.org
Posted By: plutarch looking "done" - 07/16/05 02:26 PM
Hollywood celebrities hire stylists to look "done", "effortlessly", so they will look like someone else for their adoring fans. So who are their fans - "I would do anything to look like her!" - really in love with, I wonder.

Zoe — she was Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig until her agent urged her to drop her last name — is one of a handful of sought-after Hollywood stylists who earn up to $6,000 a day. She dresses some of the world's most visible teen idols for film junkets, premieres and magazine shoots. (Mischa Barton, Jennifer Garner, Salma Hayek, Kate Hudson and Brittany Murphy are also clients.) As such, her power as an image maker cannot be underestimated. A recent entry on a Lohan fan site read: "I would do anything to look like her!"

It's not that no one has ever done the bohemian chic look before. Kate Moss and Sienna Miller have a similar, much imitated style, mixing vintage with modern-day romantic pieces, and inspiring designers such as Chloé's Phoebe Philo and Stella McCartney. For these English style icons, fashion is effortless. But in Hollywood, women are used to walking the red carpet. They have to look "done," with every detail perfect, down to makeup and hair. So Zoe has created her own brand of studied effortless chic.

In her Image
Los Angeles Times, July 10, 2005

http://snipurl.com/gapt

A Hollywood stylist must look done in at the end of a day making celebrity mannequins look done.
© Wordsmith.org