Wordsmith.org
Posted By: des Interesting word site... - 02/12/01 04:24 PM
You all may know of this site www.itools.com/research-it/research-it.html No interaction, but I find it interesting, thought some of you might enjoy. I guess I am not breaking any rules sending another address????

Posted By: wwh Re: Interesting word site... - 02/12/01 10:21 PM
Dear des: I tried your www.itools.com, with "sternutatory"
and it came up with a lot of interesting stuff. Good site.wwh

Not to be sneezed at!!

Posted By: Jackie Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 02:57 AM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, neighbor des, THANK YOU!
What a NEAT site! If you were violating any rule, then a whole bunch of us have, too.
Tsuwm, do you know about this?? Faldage and boby., you-all
ought to check this out, too--but then, quite possibly either or both of you helped write it.

Posted By: Marty Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 03:04 AM
des and other recent subscribers,

You can make a URL into a hot link like this:
http://www.itools.com/research-it/research-it.html
by just putting {url}, except with square brackets [], before the link and {/url} after the link. See FAQ > Can I use HTML in my posts? for details, and other useful tips.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 01:27 PM
And just to prove that it is a small world after all, did anyone else notice that Anu's anagram server is on there?

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 03:39 PM
Yes, I saw that - very strange, though: when I tried it out with "ostp" it gave me "Post","Stop" and "Post" but not "Opts" or "Pots"

Also, the biographical section of iTools doesn't appear to be working at present. I tried it with "George Bennie" (who is a bit pbscure, I'll admit) and it refused to entertainme. So I tried it variously with "Shakespeare" and "Roosevelt" and it wouldn't have anything to do with either of them.

Maybe I don't talk to it properly.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 06:44 PM
"Maybe I don't talk to it properly."

It probably doesn't understand your accent....

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Interesting word site... - 02/13/01 09:17 PM
the biographical section of iTools doesn't appear to be working at present

I got the same impression. It appeared that a couple of the sites referenced there were since closed or not functioning properly. Shame on itools for not making sure the sites they use are useable.

Posted By: lusy Re: Research-It! website - 02/13/01 11:04 PM
It appeared that a couple of the sites referenced there were since closed or not functioning ...

Shame on iTools indeed, Jazzo. It's a pity, because this is a useful one-stop site. The biographical sites are OK in themselves and can be accessed through the links given on the Research-It! page rather than via the search buttons, if you want to do it that way. Or you can of course go to the Biographical Dictionary etc. direct -- I'm sure most of us have these sites bookmarked.

It seems to be only the Library Reference section that is affected. I think I have established where and why the thing is bogging down, and I have contacted the Webmaster. With a bit of luck it might get fixed. I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

lusy
Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: Interesting word site... - 02/14/01 04:11 PM
Des, let me add my thanks for bringing this site to our attention. Very useful. I emailed half my address book to let them know.

© Wordsmith.org