Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 03:24 PM
I read in flat mode.

Posted By: jheem Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 03:31 PM
I'm a filist; always have been, always will.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 04:27 PM
Then you've got to use some method of letting the flatistas (who seem to be in the majority around here) know to whom you are responding. Usually a brief quote that uniquely identifies the post works pretty good.

flat

Posted By: jheem Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 04:57 PM
Usually a brief quote that uniquely identifies the post works pretty good.

I usually do, but occasionally I forget. Like a coupla posts ago, far far away in another topic. Mea coppa, mea coppa, mea spicy coppa.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 04:59 PM
We'll let it go this time.

what?

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 07:17 PM
I read like I sing - utterly flat.

Posted By: jheem Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 07:30 PM
what?

Who're you calling me a what? Or in other words: what?

What's on second.

Posted By: jheem Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/23/04 09:26 PM
What's on second.

OK, but are Who, What, and I Don't Give a Damn flatistas or filists?

Well, someone here is flatulent!

I read, appropriately, in FLAT mode exclusively.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Look, jheem - 06/24/04 10:37 AM
OK, but are Who, What, and I Don't Give a Damn flatistas or filists?

Maybe we should set up another survey. Flatliners and threadnodists work fine around here.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Look, jheem - 06/24/04 11:47 AM
I'm a flatliner. Always have been. Why, are they considered second-class or something?

Posted By: jheem Re: Lookee, AnnaStrophic & al. - 06/24/04 01:20 PM
Maybe we should set up another survey. Flatliners and threadnodists work fine around here.

Not fer me. Must be some kinda dialectic thang. Flapdoodlist[i] and thridndoalist being used in just the village over.

flat though I often switch back and forth.

k

Posted By: shanks Threaded only - 06/24/04 07:44 PM
My mum was a seamstress, does that count as a reason?

Actually, I prefer the structure that threaded gives, allowing individual ripostes and sidelines, giving relatively coherent narratives (except when the two-dimensionals simply reply after the last post), and permitting the quick screening of posts to home in on just the one or two that I feel may require my urgent attention.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Threaded only - 06/24/04 08:27 PM
ETA...flat is the view of this page where post show up one after another in chronological order and threaded is when only the post headings show up (you have to click on them to open them) and the dates don't follow because people are answering a specific post/person instead of just doing a reply to the very last post. Sometimes, they'll answer a post a few days previous so a tangent grows out of the original thread.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: solfege... - 06/24/04 08:41 PM
ETA

hi Bel. yeah, I had already replied that I was a flatimundo...
my what? was a non-credited threaded response to jheem. as a joke. haha.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Hwæt? - 06/25/04 01:41 PM
my what? was a non-credited threaded response to jheem.

Subtle yet effective

Posted By: Bingley Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/25/04 02:06 PM
flat

Bingley
Posted By: Faldage Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/25/04 02:17 PM
But a flat head screw is threaded.

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Flattery will get you... - 06/25/04 08:26 PM
...free of the need to select and click on each and every post, post after post after post...

Flat, most definitely, unless the software compels otherwise.

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Threaded only - 06/25/04 11:37 PM
I am a seamstress, and I read in flat mode. I opt for the whole yin & yang experience.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 06/26/04 01:51 AM
I Bb.

Posted By: dxb Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 07/02/04 11:11 AM
Doh, re, me fa, soh, la, te.....Doh! (Flat). It's easier to look back; what was Lot's wife's name?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Lot's wife's name - 07/02/04 12:09 PM
Salina

Posted By: musick Are you experiencing? - 07/02/04 05:16 PM
People don't *really read in thread-head mode, they only reefer...

Posted By: Capfka Re: Lot's wife's fate - 07/02/04 05:17 PM
Yep, she was the salt of the earth all right!

Posted By: wow Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 07/03/04 01:10 PM
Flat. Never been able to get into the other way. Too much back and forth. Plus the flat lets me go back after I have posted and quickly see all the posts refuting my post! sigh

flat...but I think that threaded makes more sense logistically (don't know why I don't just use threaded, then; must be because flat is more like reading a book)

Posted By: amnow Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 09/24/04 07:07 PM
A number of references to singing voices makes me say, I do flat, as I would if I didn't forego the vocal greetings of one's natal day. THAT is my gift to whomever!

I am never flat!

Posted By: grapho Re: Survey: Are you flattened or threaded? - 10/03/04 12:17 AM
If you're tired of the same old flat thread, ASp, why not give our thread a try?

Confessions of an Heirhead. We put it out when Paris puts out.

To each his own, of course.

© Wordsmith.org