Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wwh Roday's Word - 01/26/01 06:37 PM
Might not be fun to have discussions of Today's Word here? I frequently have comments which are spurlos versenkt in Feedback. Am I the only one to feel this way? Sock it to me.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Today's Word - 01/26/01 07:27 PM
Yo, Doc, Word up!
There's a forum just below called "Weekly Themes" where some of us who read our AWADs and have comments on them do post. Take a look!

One,
AnnaS

Posted By: wwh Re: Today's Word - 01/26/01 08:11 PM
Dear AnnaStrophic: I have looked at the Weekly themes a number of times, but never have seen any comments on Today's Word. I don't often think of something likely to interest the group, but I do think that some of the other members might.For instance not too long ago, Today's Word was "barrator". I'll bet that nobody has seen that word anywhere else. But in several sea stories, I have seen the word "barratry" used as the Admiralty Law term for criminal conspiracy to sink a ship and its cargo to fraudulently obtain insurance benefits. Not a big deal, but perhaps of more general interest that "barrator". I'll bet the group could come up with some really interesting comments on Todays Word. Just a lone voice crying in the wilderness. (Sob,Sob) Bill Hunt

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Today's Word - 01/26/01 08:20 PM
Well, I admonish you, good Sir, to take heart and look at it now. I posted a query on "boondocks" and received a reply from Helen of Troy.

(interesting info on "barrator", btw)

© Wordsmith.org