Wordsmith.org
Posted By: dodyskin NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 07:07 PM
http://compu-ag.de/pics/google.jpg

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 07:44 PM
The polite version of that, found throughout Usenet is, "Google is your friend."

Posted By: wwh Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 08:10 PM
And I marvel that you can even find a tutorial about searching, just by typing in "Tutorial how to search"
into the oh-so-handy new Google toolbar.
http://www.sc.edu/beaufort/library/bones.html

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 10:46 PM
and I would add to Bart's punishment:
"I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward", "I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward", "I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward", "I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward", "I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward"...

Posted By: wwh Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 11:07 PM
Dear etaoin: I also search for "hoaxes and urban legends",
plus a key word or two.

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/25/04 11:07 PM
In reply to:

"I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward"

AMEN!

Posted By: Jackie Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/26/04 01:45 AM
"I will check Snopes before I pass on that stupid email forward"

I am trying to educate a couple of my friends in that regard...sigh. I got one of those WORST VIRUS EVER ones the other day, from one friend who had sent it not only to me but to a couple of mutual friends here in town. I replied only to him, with a Snopes citation and a strong hint. Gee, somehow I thought he might pass THAT along (it was a letter first circulated in 2000, for gosh sakes!), but no...I got the very same letter 2 days later, from one of the mutual friends.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: NEVER, you cant make me - 02/26/04 01:49 AM
I used to just send it back to the sender with a snopes note, but I am now sending the snopes link on to all that got the junk mail with me. pisses off the sender, but too damn bad, I say. they'll think twice before they send something like that to me again...

© Wordsmith.org