Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Roibin Enjoying this - 01/16/01 01:42 AM
Hello, I am new and I am thoroughly enjoying this. Learning how to post and reply also. And I thought I knew it all. LOL Anyway, I teach High School English and at the age of 46, I am a new teacher. You know what??? I love it. Never bored and that happened a lot with other jobs. Anyway, I was wondering (?) when I posted on the theme of the week under my name it said (stranger). Then I noticed other names under other posters (enthusiast) or (veteran). I can figure out what these are, but how do you change? What is the threshold or point at which you change from one to another? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

"What we do in life, echoes an eternity" - Maximus Decimus Meridias.

Thanks,
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Enjoying this - 01/16/01 01:58 AM
eventually, as you ramble about, you will stumble upon one of the innumerable "graduation" threads. at the cost of your sanity, avoid these.

-yuri d. andropov

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Enjoying this - 01/16/01 04:00 AM
... But we will teach you to enjoy your suffering, too.

- Lavrenti Pavlovich Beria

Posted By: Father Steve Re: Enjoying this - 01/16/01 06:39 AM
No pain, no gain.

~Mike Ditka

Posted By: wow Re: Enjoying this - 01/16/01 04:32 PM
Roibin,
Don't let them scare you, and WELCOME !
The first entry in the graduation thread gives the number of posts for titles , oh, whatthehell....Stranger-0, Newbie-25, Journeyman-50, Member-100, Enthusiast-200, addict-400 and Old Hand 700 posts! As you whip up the ladder your "graduations" may be noticed and commented upon in the Graduation Thread or, if you are very very careful, you can quietly shinny up that ladder and be an Old Hand before anyone notices!
Get going and good luck.
wow

Posted By: of troy Re: Enjoying this - 01/16/01 05:54 PM
In reply to:

No pain, no gain.

Right on Dad-io! Party till it hurts!

and always remember, when life serves you up lemon's, you can always make Margarita's!
there is enough lemonade, in the world already.

Posted By: TEd Remington I don't THINK so! - 01/16/01 07:56 PM
>and always remember, when life serves you up lemon's, you can always make Margarita's!

No, you can't! Now if life hands you limes . ..

Posted By: musick Re: THINKING! - 01/16/01 08:49 PM
As a Newbie (still a stranger at heart) I welcome you. We have much in common ('cept for age, English and thinking) especially "Enjoying this...".

Seewhachadid... now I have a taste for a "Le'Margret" (as we call them 'ere)... but, now I'll have to drink them whilst "tedandhelen" continue poking the citrus...

© Wordsmith.org