Wordsmith.org
Posted By: sjmaxq An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 02:55 AM
http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/iconochasms.html

Posted By: maverick Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 09:50 AM
Fascinating stuff, Max, thank you!

On the test I came out as the kind of libertarian monkey you might expect:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

On the quiz I got lucky with a couple of WAGs about two of your ‘favourite’ people, but got a couple of real surprises too – altogether I got three wrong, (#7, .#9 and #15)

Posted By: Jackie Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 02:07 PM
I knew it--you're a raving anarchist! (As in, "Rejection of all forms of coercive control and authority: “He was inclined to anarchism; he hated system and organization and uniformity” (Bertrand Russell))". (Gurunet) Mine was Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46.

Posted By: dodyskin Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 02:10 PM
I got nearly all the quotes wrong, apart from Condoleeza ( the only member of the US gov. to have an oil tanker named after her) and old crazy boy Phil. I did the political compass thing and I'm even more lefty than I was a year ago, when last I did it. I'm a touch more bleeding heart than Gandhi nowadays. Econ.L/R -7.50 Auth./Lib. -8.05

**edit**
check out this, AFAQ 22.
When are you guys gonna learn to spell ?
This grievance comes from those who aren't aware that British and American spellings sometimes differ.

We've been at the centre of some rancour, but we're not going to take offence or harbour any grievances. The catalogue of complaints won't colour this organisation's programme. It's a grey area anyway. And we don't want to labour the point.

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 02:30 PM
Going by the results so far, I'm the jackboot wearer of the group:
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59

Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 03:14 PM

Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

These tests are fun (for some people), but I think they're as useful as udders on a bull. (That's only because I view economic and social extremism as religions.)

k

Posted By: Flatlander Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 03:22 PM
It's fascist libertarians like Gandhi that really make me sick.

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 03:26 PM

Reminds me of a "quiz" I took when I started college many years ago. It was called a "learning styles inventory" and your results placed you on a cartesian grid just as the results of this test.

I recall only a few things:

1. The quadrants were: assimilator, accomodator, diverger, converger.

2. I was evaluated as an almost perfect assimilator.

3. After the test they gave a description of the main characteristics of each category and what kinds of jobs people with those characteristics typically enjoy doing and are good at.

4. I remember that every category had several good characteristics and one bad characteristic - every category except the one which included guidance counselors, which had no faults! (Hey, this is just the assimilator "re-examine the facts" talking.)

k

Posted By: tsuwm Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 03:53 PM
going by the results so far, I'm marching in lockstep with max: -5.12/-1.90.

Posted By: Faldage Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 04:19 PM
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Did Gandhi actually take the test? How about Hitler?

Posted By: dellfarmer Re: An interesting quiz - 12/17/03 11:47 PM
More libertarian than the Dalai Lama? Hm. (Econ -9.12; Lib/Auth -4.77)

Ron.
Posted By: Zed Re: An interesting quiz - 12/18/03 12:53 AM
I was evaluated as an almost perfect assimilator.
The Borg are coming, the borg are coming!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic I dunno - 12/18/03 01:06 PM
This could get to be a bit too political for this board, I think..

Posted By: shanks Re: An interesting quiz - 12/18/03 03:00 PM
Left/right: -4.00
Lib/Auth: -6.05

Like many others, it seems as though I'm in the same quadrant as Gandhi, Mandela and the Dalai Lama. And me an atheist. It's enough to make you weep.

cheer

the sunshine warrior

ps. A similar scale was developed by the libertarians, in the States, and is on their website (last time I checked). Results seem to be the same, too: I came out a 'left-liberal', in their terminology.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: An interesting quiz - 12/18/03 03:08 PM
I took this awhile ago, but if I remember correctly, I fell in with most of you down in that corner, too...

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: I dunno - 12/18/03 06:25 PM
>a bit too political

Blame the Welshie! I deliberately didn't link to the test, I just posted that iconochasms link because I was amused and surprised by who said what. 'Twere my evil yin wot politickisized it.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: I dunno - 12/18/03 09:32 PM
Cherchez le maverique

Posted By: Jackie Re: I dunno - 12/19/03 02:30 AM
Beware of dragons!

Posted By: musick As long as we're political - 12/20/03 04:50 PM
Flatlander and I sit nearest (I have the results here.... somewhere.... rustling papers).

I'll bet (nothing like a call to arms) that there ain't nobody here who'll fess up even if they did score on the *plus side of both.

Posted By: maahey Re: As long as we're political - 12/21/03 05:54 PM
I think I came here late, but spent so much time on that test that I had to post the scores. Same corner, here too
Economic -5.38
Lib/Auth -2.15

© Wordsmith.org