Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage Forgive My Indignation - 09/04/03 12:49 PM
I just got another of those we-want-to-give-you-millions-of-dollars Nigerian scam emails. Ordinarily I would just delete it but this opening line fascinated me:

Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and if it might offend you without your
prior consent and writing through this channel.

I *will give it credit for not being all in caps.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Forgive My Indignation - 09/04/03 01:24 PM
Ha--that reminds me of the "tootle-your-horn" type stories. But at least those don't force themselves on you at your private address.

Posted By: Zed Re: Forgive My Indignation - 09/04/03 10:54 PM
I do think it is important to get someone's consent before offending them, don't you? [said with an ever-so refayned accent - e]

Posted By: dodyskin thank you please sir - 09/05/03 07:11 PM
I was reading an article in the Guardian the other day and it said that these emails are deliberately semi-illiterate to lull you into a false sense of superiority and confidence, cunning or what?

Posted By: Wordwind Re: thank you please sir - 09/06/03 10:45 AM
Oh, yes. I do agree. I enjoyed my .15-minute flase sense of superiority upon reading Faldage's post. Fleeting, but ever-so-slightly enjoyable.

Posted By: Jackie Re: thank you please sir - 09/06/03 04:27 PM
.15-minute flase sense of superiority upon reading Faldage's post. Fleeting, but ever-so-slightly enjoyable. HA! Thanks, WW, for a laugh I'll need this afternoon long, as I go outside now to clean two truckloads of donated yard sale stuff...

© Wordsmith.org