Wordsmith.org
Posted By: sjmaxq Diamonds are a goy's best friend - 08/14/03 09:29 PM
Totally unrelated to AWAD, but I found it interesting:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond_pr.html

Posted By: of troy Re: Diamonds are a goy's best friend - 08/15/03 12:44 PM
well goody! Diamonds were never my favorite stone, and in recent years, i went totally off them--too many were blood diamonds, and de Beers marketing make all diamonds too expensive -and in that way contributed to the blood diamonds value.. I think i would like a synthetic manufactured diamond.. to hell with de Beers, and their cartel.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Diamonds are a goy's best friend - 08/15/03 06:21 PM
that was a very interesting article alphabet-man! two things especially sparked me; the future of computer chip stuff(fast, fast, fast), and the thought that if they can get the word out about DeBeers machinations they might do very well in the jewelry market.

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Diamonds are a goy's best friend - 08/15/03 07:10 PM
I read that in WIRED -- very interesting. There's also a good article about a guy who is a high-tech hunter of ship wrecks and sunken treasure.

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Diamonds are a goy's best friend - 08/15/03 07:35 PM
>especially sparked me; the future of computer chip stufffast, fast, fast

Yeah, that was what grabbed me too. I also appreciated helen's post. I had never before thought about the fact that De Beer's monopolistic practices helped sutain the trade in blood diamonds. Thanks, helen.

© Wordsmith.org