Wordsmith.org
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/05/03 10:22 PM
http://mars-earth.com/sitchintext.htm

Posted By: consuelo Re: Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/05/03 11:39 PM
So, Juan, you're saying that "the truth is out there"? Interesting, but I'd like more information on this guy.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/06/03 03:31 AM
Dunno, Connie...stumbled across him when I went a-Googlin' for a word Mr. Sitchin coined, annuai, which turned to be annunaki....which he purports to mean aliens in ancient Sumerian.

At the same time I was looking for fata morgana which means the mirage of a castle above the surface of a lake or body of water; and viminas, which means flying crafts in ancient Hindu.

Halfway down the link there's a paragraph which cites Sitchin's impressive academic background in the studies of ancient languages including Sumerian and Greek, so I figured he was worth a look and perhaps some discussion. I also saw he has a current homepage when I Googled, so just put his name in and you'll get a bunch of hits.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/06/03 03:37 AM
>I'd like more information on this guy.

http://www.skepdic.com/sitchin.html

Posted By: Capfka Re: Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/06/03 04:53 AM
He's either a conman or a fool. He's got "van Danikenitis" real bad! I started reading something he wrote some years ago, thinking that he was a serious scholar of ancient languages but as soon as his maunderings veered off into speculation about visitors from outer space being around 4,000-odd years ago, presented as fact, I threw whatever it was I was reading into the corner and wrote him off as a charlatan. I've avoided him and the others like the plague ever since. I recommend that you don't bother unless you want a snigger.

- Pfranz
Posted By: consuelo Re: Zecharia Sitchin, archeolinguist - 04/06/03 08:00 AM
That was my first impression, too. Thanks for the link and the

© Wordsmith.org