Wordsmith.org
Posted By: semanticina New Word - 03/15/00 10:34 AM
A dear friend of mine who occasionaly mistypes, accidentaly used the word lolve in a conversation, we both laughed and then thought it was a cute word because love and laughter always go hand in hand

Posted By: normanlevin Re: New Word - Administrivia - 03/15/00 10:56 PM
Administrivia - the things we need to do each day to make it thru the day. Or, the garbage that you have to do
before you get to your real job as in, "As soon as we finish the administrivia, we can get to our first topic."

Posted By: jackiemw Re: New Word - 03/16/00 01:30 AM
I found something one of my students had written describing me as "confident and talkactive." I'm sure she meant to write talkative, but talkactive is a much more accurate portrayal of my teaching style.

Posted By: Harrekki Re: New Word - 03/16/00 12:59 PM
A misheard song lyric influenced me to use the word 'campeeding' in high school, which means marching swiftly. The actual lyric was 'competing,' but I like my word better...

Dave

Posted By: MissMercy Re: New Word - 03/18/00 01:27 AM
When he was quite young, and apparently playing with his rubber duckie, my kid brother created the word "crubbles." Crubbles are the wrinkles you get on your fingers and toes when you've been in the bath WAAAY too long.

MissMercy

I've done all I can do without chocolate.
© Wordsmith.org