Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Rhubarb Commando Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/13/11 03:12 PM
Like the prodigal son, I have returned: for good or ill, who knows? Hugs and kisses (in the air, not the cheek, of course) in a thoroughly modern fashion for all of my old friends and a good, firm English Handshake, and a polite, "How d'ye do" for all of my new ones.
I now have a bit more time to spend at the keyboard so I shall try to pick up the threads again. I may be a tad sporadic at first, but bear with me.
tried to pick up my old name, avatar, etc etc but can't remember me danged password, dad nabbit!
Looking forward to exchanging ideas with y'all again.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/13/11 04:01 PM
ok
welcome back, old bean!! there will be much rejoicing!
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/14/11 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu
welcome back, old bean!! there will be much rejoicing!

A-freaking-men!!!
Posted By: Candy Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/15/11 10:56 AM
Have you talked to Jackie?
She may have a solution.....at least to keeping your sign on name.
Your avatar should be easy to copy.
Thanks, Candy - in fact it was an e-mail from Jackie which decided me to come back onto the board after this long, long time. As to name change, well - all that's different in the new one is an extra space; and the avatar - well, who needs one? cool I might get another, in due course; any suggestions, anyone.
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/15/11 10:17 PM
Something like this?
Posted By: Candy Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/16/11 11:30 AM
Peter....did you draw that?
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/16/11 08:33 PM
Yes, I did.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/17/11 03:36 AM
You be wonderful, you know that? smile
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/17/11 04:32 AM
Um, thanks, Jackie. My daughter thinks I have too much time on my hands. My other daughter puts me to work.
Well, the time on your hands don't seem to be cramping your graphic skills any! That's a way cool bit o' rhubub - looks good enough to eat. laugh
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/17/11 08:02 PM
Munch away!

Edit: Did you click it?
No, I hadn't - but I just have !!!

That is mighty impressive, man ! I am mightily impressed.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/18/11 02:18 PM
Very nice!
Thank you, Bran. smile
Hey, whadayaknow!!!!
I aint a stranger no more - I'm a NEWBIE What a claim to Fame, eh?
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/19/11 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Rhubarb Commando
Hey, whadayaknow!!!!
I aint a stranger no more - I'm a NEWBIE What a claim to Fame, eh?

You'll always be stranger to me.
Hmph - a case of a kitchen utensil commenting on the swarthiness of an whistleother.

Do you still play tunes on your walking stick? whistle
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/19/11 11:28 PM
Sometimes, Rhuby, sometimes. But not often.
Well - - - - I admit to occasionally hitting the back of the chair with my rythm stick:

(but only for the few seconds that I can stand upright without it frown )
Hmph - a case of a kitchen utensil commenting on the swarthiness of an whistleother.

I believe there is video somewhere of just such a moment.

;¬ )
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/21/11 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu

I believe there is video somewhere of just such a moment.

;¬ )

I was wondering if it was still findable. Didn't ledasdottir post it originally?
I wasn't aware, at the time, that it was being videoed, although I'm sure someone took some photos.
And I don't recall ledasdottir being there, either (unless this is a subsequent pseudonym, of which I am not aware, for someone who was there.)
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/21/11 10:12 PM
hint: Leda was the mother of Helen of Troy.
Doh! How stupid of me. (even 10.30 pm after six hours on trains for a two-hour meeting is no excuse!)
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/22/11 12:18 AM
The one that was youtubed was of me and Jackie doing a duet at Killowap1.
Originally Posted By: Faldage
The one that was youtubed was of me and Jackie doing a duet at Killowap1.

that's the one I was thinking of. :¬ )

and here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAg2BtJiD6A
Nice one, Shrd. Great to see some of the faces from way back, although there are two or three I don't recognise - Jackie and Faldage I spotted, of course, and, I think musick was there, and Fiberbabe? sitting next to Consuelo. Not sure about the woman in red T-shirt or the one hiding beneath Coca Cola. Is the large gent, wandering around in a blue t-shirt, TEd? If not, I don't know him by sight.
Posted By: olly Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/22/11 08:33 PM
Cool, you guys got to hang out together. Great to put faces to names.
Yep - the pity is that I wasn't at Kilowap - I was at WordaPalooza in 2001. Which was where Faldage and I first made a duo of alu-cane (melody - sort of) and mallaca cane (lyrical rythm (almost). Unfortunately (no - prolly just as well, thinking on't) no videos were made on that occasion: but I do have some great stills of it! and even better memories. grin

Ah, those were the days

all the best

Rhuby
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/23/11 03:32 AM
Ah, you kids and your reminiscing. Wish I had discovered this tribe years ago. It appears that canes are better instruments than trombones are walking aids, but only slightly.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/23/11 04:11 AM
I'm on YouTube?!? blush blush blush No, don't take it down, it's just...ack. blush
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/23/11 01:37 PM
I'm on YouTube?!?

Soon all images recorded, ever, will be on the Web. YouTube has more "content" uploaded to it every day than is broadcast on the over the air networks in the same time period Co-worker mentioned that when he played in a band in Ireland, they visited Sweden and were on TV there. I was able to find the footage on YouTube. This broadcast had happened a couple of decades prior. Welcome to the future.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/23/11 01:49 PM
How about getting a youtube link that lets you input an actor's name and it gives you clips of the movies in the shortest path in that actor's Kevin Bacon number.
Originally Posted By: Tromboniator
Ah, you kids and your reminiscing. Wish I had discovered this tribe years ago. It appears that canes are better instruments than trombones are walking aids, but only slightly.

-- but you can get more beer into a trombone!
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/23/11 11:16 PM
Especially a bass trombone. And no, it's not limited to Bass.
Posted By: Candy Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/24/11 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: olly
Cool, you guys got to hang out together. Great to put faces to names.

I agree laugh

And Rhuby...its difficult to miss your postings now, with your new avatar!

(thinking of making rhubarb crumble for dinner tonight)
Oh, yes - I'm eternally grateful to Tromboniator for generously giving me this - I would love to go over to Alaska to fill his trombone with Bass, or Guinness, or whatever ice-cold drink is available there! laugh
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bad Pennies (from Heaven?,or H***?) - 11/24/11 12:48 PM
I would love to go over to Alaska to fill his trombone with Bass, or Guinness, or whatever ice-cold drink is available there! laugh

I would hope that you wouldn't fill it with ice-cold Guinness!
Unfortunately, Faldage, my purist friend, ice-cold Guinness is very readily available over here - and is sold in large quantities in Ireland, as well. It is puchased mainly by the young who do not appreciate the finer things in life. Arthur will be turning in his grave at a rate which, if harnessed to a generator, would solve Britain's energy probems for a few years.
© Wordsmith.org