Wordsmith.org
Posted By: PhilipWHudson postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/11/11 07:12 PM
Since hardly anyone is interested in the topic of antidisestablishmentarianism any more, I declare this the age of postantidisestablishmentarianism.
Posted By: Faldage Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/11/11 08:28 PM
Ninety-nine times out of ten people can't even tell you what anitdisestablishmentatrianism means.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/12/11 01:27 AM
I am happy to be one who can.
Posted By: bexter Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/12/11 08:49 AM
but surely it would just revert back to disestablishmentarianism...? whistle
Posted By: Faldage Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/12/11 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: bexter
but surely it would just revert back to disestablishmentarianism...? whistle

Not necessarily. It could also be postdisestablishmetarianism. It could even be postestablishmentarianism.
- and in England (where the term originated) the Estabishment referred to appears to be disestablishing itself quite naturally by a process of graceful degradation. "The establishment contains withn itself the seeds of its own destruction." (With deep apologies to K.M.) wink
Posted By: BranShea Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/13/11 08:10 PM
It's all just postantidesastantrumanism. Which was a wholesome movement in its time.
Posted By: Faldage Re: postantidisestablishmentarianism - 11/14/11 01:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Rhubarb Commando
- and in England (where the term originated) the Estabishment referred to appears to be disestablishing itself quite naturally by a process of graceful degradation. "The establishment contains withn itself the seeds of its own destruction." (With deep apologies to K.M.) wink

Rhuby!!! Whereat you been? Good to see you back.
Quote:
Rhuby!!! Whereat you been? Good to see you back.

OH, y'know: duckin'-'n'-diving;-doddgin'-'n'weavin';-keepin'-me-'ead-darn: can't grumble! wink
© Wordsmith.org