Wijayawardhanaohlewhite
First word is seven letters
Last word rhymes with Charlie Sheen
Any ideas?
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/17/11 05:45 PM
Nope, no ideas here, but
WELCOME KING
Posted By: Jackie Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/18/11 02:31 AM
Good grief! Um--you said Last word rhymes with Charlie Sheen. Does that mean the last word has three syllables? And--is it a relatively common phrase, and in what country?

wofa--you're prolly the one most likely to figure this out.
Posted By: KingBazza Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/18/11 06:55 AM
Only clue given was rhymes with Charle Sheen for last word
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/18/11 12:46 PM
Hmm, why isn't this under Wordplay and fun?
Posted By: Faldage Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/18/11 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: zmjezhd
Hmm, why isn't this under Wordplay and fun?

'Cause it's by a stranger who doesn't know his way around.
Posted By: Jackie Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/19/11 03:00 AM
Okay. I had a feeling this might be a trick question of some kind, so I googled Wijayawardhanaohlewhite, and it asked whether I meant Wijayawardhana hole white, so I said yes, and got some interesting results.
It appears there is a Duleepa Wijayawardhana (Dups). So I googled her and got this. I'll let you click on it and see what you think. She's got a web site and a blog, apparently.

As to the ref. to Mr. Sheen, I can think of a three-letter word that perhaps some people might want to put in between white and hole... [shrug]

Mind saying where you saw this riddle?

Posted By: Candy Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/19/11 06:21 AM
Are we thinking its another span post?

Jackie...I did go to Dups webpage and look around,(she has some great photos and has travelled to some interesting places)but I don't believe she is connected to the original post.

Interesting thing about GOOGLE though......we just had it reported in Australia about a high level security officer's background being checked out in google, by someone, only to find that he was wanted by INTEPOL!

Interpol fugitive guarding state buildings
Posted By: Faldage Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/19/11 10:58 AM
The Anagram Server isn't much help.
Posted By: KingBazza Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/25/11 03:48 PM
Thanks for all your help.Its the three names of the guys who created Empire Avenue - a social media game .This is one of their secret tasks.
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/25/11 05:20 PM
Posted By: Jackie Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/25/11 08:01 PM
Its the three names of the guys I figured it'd be something oddball. You're welcome.
Posted By: Candy Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/26/11 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: BranShea

Ha...Bran. I tried to wipe 'the spot' of my computer screen only to find ....it was your post LOL
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/26/11 09:41 PM
A spot is the closest thing to a blank post. I wanted to delete my post, but 'delete' only functions for some seconds after you have made your post. Editing a post into a blank post is not possbible.
Posted By: olly Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/26/11 11:21 PM
Try this
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/26/11 11:59 PM
I don't know what you did, but it looks good.
Posted By: Jackie Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 01:55 AM
Branny, I seem to have the option of deleting your post, if you still want it deleted: the button is there, but of course I didn't try it to see if it actually works. I would have thought anyone would have the option forever of editing or deleting their own posts.

You could always try a dot in white ; then it would appear that nothing was there. Think I'll try making a truly empty post.

Edit: nope, still can't do it.
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 07:16 AM
" but of course I didn't try it to see if it actually works"...

;-) reminds me of salt and sugar ;-)

You can delete a post for a couple of seconds after you posted. Before, we could delete one up to I think 26 hours. It was not real important. But I noticed on the occasion you cannot make an empty post. (somehow this makes sense :-)
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 08:33 AM
You could type any character, word, etc. and color it white. It appears invisible (an oxymoron?), but can be read by hitting the quote button. You see?
Posted By: Faldage Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Tromboniator
You could type any character, word, etc. and color it white. It appears invisible (an oxymoron?), but can be read by hitting the quote button. You see?

Or mouse over it.
Posted By: Candy Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Tromboniator

Yes...but, if Bran doesn't want her post read, ie wishes to delete it, that wouldn't be so good, would it!

You could just replace it with a 'smilie'
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 01:19 PM
Or is totally visible on "active topics".

The problem is Candy, my smileys DO NOT WORK. I'm lost, my toys have been taken away from me and I'm facing the cold cruel world without even the kindest type of weapon. (smmiiiley!!!)
Posted By: tsuwm Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 01:56 PM
oh bosh. you can always fall back on the original, text emoticons.
:-)
:-(
;-)
8)
:P~
*<8^D [ just clownin' around ]
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 07:03 PM
Or is totally visible on "active topics".

The problem is Candy, my smileys DO NOT WORK. I'm lost, my toys have been taken away from me and I'm facing the cold cruel world without even the kindest type of weapon. (smmiiiley!!!)

You don't need smileys Bran, you are great just the way you are.
Posted By: Tromboniator Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 08:24 PM
Bran, maybe you have corrupt preferences in your browser. If you can find the folder they're kept in, try moving it to the desktop. The application should generate a new one, and may solve the problem. If it works, delete the old folder. If not, you can remove the new folder and replace the old, or reset your preferences in the new one. Might be worth a try.

Peter
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 09:23 PM
Thank you, I will try. I'm all against corruption. ;-)
I see some tiny barriers here (find folder, move to desktop,.. but thanks, you never know, I want my bolds and italics ).
Posted By: tsuwm Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 09:34 PM
Bran, which browser do you use? you could try using a different browser and see if you have the same problem there. I'll bet you have a cache or cookie problem. : )
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/27/11 10:27 PM
I use Google Internet Explorer, but recently I downloaded a more up to date version and this may have caused the little problem. I will see if I will try a different browser but must act carefully so as not to make a serious mess of out of it. :-) thanks!
Posted By: Jackie Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/28/11 01:00 AM
Let me try...italics. And bold.

Okay--you can get bold, italics, and I'll guess the underlining, by putting the letter for whichever you want (i, b, u) inside these brackets []. To end them put a /i, /b, /u inside another set of []. I will use the wrong brackets to demonstrate:
if you want {i}italics{/i} it will look like this. But you will have to use the straight brackets, and they have to be facing each other: [[ or ]] won't work.

Hmm--lemme try something else: #6600CC color?
Nope-- That will have to be color:#6600CC inside [], and /color inside the second set. Each color has a different code, unfortunately--almost certainly too much bother.

I think I used the S with a horizontal line through it once. I have never used the S with a diagonal line through it, nor the quote-mark button, nor the pound sign button. I have no idea what they do or how they work. Huh--I've not used the media tag, either--I have no idea what to do with that. The button next to it says List, but I've not felt the need for that either. Oh yeah, the two T buttons--I think one of them changes text size; maybe the other is to change your font; I dunno.
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/28/11 09:30 AM
Ah, yes of course I can do that, thanks a lot, Jackie. Just imitate the stuff when I open a post at 'quote'. I like it, just move around the problem. :-)
Posted By: Candy Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/28/11 12:41 PM
O

Thats crazy enought to make anyone cry

I think you should pay a vist to the computer doctor!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/28/11 01:57 PM
Thats crazy enough to make anyone mad

smileys can also be exhumed by using :, front and back to do crazy, mad, cry, grin, wink, smirk. like that.

but you have to use the right word within the colons, of course.
-ron o.
Posted By: BranShea Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/28/11 09:39 PM
I said yes before Jackie added the edit. Thanks, but never mind, forget it. It's not worth all the attention. As long as the words work, fine!
Posted By: regine Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/30/11 11:33 AM
Award given to Freddie Green
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: 5 word phrase with limited clues - 05/30/11 03:21 PM
WELCOME,REGINE
© Wordsmith.org