Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Accents - 08/15/10 11:38 PM
I'd like to know what you all think of her accents. I have a comment or two, but will wait to post later -- And yes, she's pretty, but let's not go there, OK? smile

Different accents in English
Posted By: olly Re: Accents - 08/16/10 12:49 AM
Yeah, nah, shes alright eh.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Accents - 08/16/10 02:42 AM
Wow--interesting! (Nice to see you here, btw!)

As far as I could tell she was darned close on most of them, except for the Texas one. I also noticed that her tone of voice softened on the ones that many people consider more refined (what's that one called that British royals speak in?), and that her voice got not only louder but coarser on some that may be considered less refined, notably the Cockney and, I believe, her second Aussie one. Oh yes -- the Zilder accent wasn't all that great, either.

Any idea where she is really from?
Posted By: olly Re: Accents - 08/16/10 03:24 AM
Oh yes -- the Zilder accent wasn't all that great, either.

Not a bad effort though but most impressionists, apart from the ocker ones, tend to leave out the defining kiwi upward inflection at the end of most sentences which makes it sound like we're asking you a question when we are really telling you something important.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Accents - 08/17/10 01:45 AM
Eh? (She said in Canadian.)

And--this old dog learned one new trick:
Ocker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term "Ocker" is used both as a noun and adjective for an Australian who speaks and acts in an uncultured manner, using a broad Australian accent ...
Posted By: BranShea Re: Accents - 08/18/10 09:15 AM
I like the show as it is and can't make a comment on the possible weaker details.
Posted By: Zed Re: Accents - 08/20/10 05:50 AM
I like her "three foods" comparison of various languages too.
© Wordsmith.org