Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm bushonics - 04/12/01 01:30 PM
"We're mad as hell and won't be misunderestimated anymore!"

http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2001/03/19/bushonics/index.html

Posted By: maverick Re: bushonics - 04/12/01 03:13 PM
Wonderful case study of comparative linguistics

Posted By: rodward Re: bushonics - 04/12/01 03:40 PM
I can't imaginate a gooder in detailed analyzation.
Rod

Posted By: wwh Re: bushonics - 04/12/01 04:18 PM
God save America if this spreads. "If you are not confused, you just don't understand the situation."

Posted By: Hyla Counter-theory - 04/12/01 06:15 PM
Contrary to the assertion in the title story, another publication seems to suggest that Bush is far more erudite and eloquent than ever we knew:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3713/bush_regales_guests.html

Would that it were so!

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: bushonics - 04/12/01 09:47 PM
No comment on bushonics, but I do want to thank you for that wonderful wwftd "glurge."
It's great to finally have a word for the puerile pap that routinely shows up in my Inbox.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: bushonics - 04/13/01 01:08 AM
In a reply to a reporter's question about his meeting with the Russians about the spy/diplomat "exhange," Bush answered something like this: "I reached a decision yesterday, it was a good decision, it was the right decision to make, I think the Russians are happy with the decision, I like the decison, it was a good decision to make, it was the right decision to reach." So leave ol' "Fuzzy Dubya" alone!

Fuzzy Dubya was a Bush,
Daddy Dubya gave a push,
Fuzzy Dubya wasn't fuzzy,
Was he?

Sorry, folks, I can never resist a chance to get that out!

Posted By: Jackie Re: bushonics - 04/13/01 11:05 AM
Fuzzy Dubya wasn't fuzzy,
Ah, but he has hair!

Posted By: rodward Re: bushonics - 04/17/01 12:00 PM
Whitman, thanks for reminding me of "FuzzyWuzzy was a bear" rhyme - brings back allsorts of childhood memories.

But since the US has just gone though an "incident" with China, sort of segueing on from bushonics, I thought I would share an old TRUE story from a similar UK incident many years ago. Michael Bentine (one of the original Goons and sadly no longer with us) had a TV show called "It's a Square World" which had surreal and Goonesque sketches. One such sketch had a small Chinese Junk on the Thames by the Houses of Parliament, catapulting polystyrene boulders onto the terrace at the Houses of Parliament. Sensibly enough they had obtained permission from the Officer of Works (or who ever handles that sort of thing at H. of P.) ** However they had neglected to mention this exercise to the police. So there they are, Chinese crew in Chinese Junk, throwing missiles at the H. of P. when along comes a police launch, which circles them a couple of times, and then an officer calls to them through a megaphone "Does anyone on board speak English?"
Rod
** I leave it as an exercise for the reader (Hyla and Helen?) to determine of whom in the US one would ask such permission.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: bushonics - 04/18/01 05:22 AM
Well, rod, at least Fuzzy Wuzzy had something going for him! And great story!...intriguing how a show striving to be surreal launched into another universe of surrealistic reality!

And getting back to Fuzzy Dubya...rumor has it that President Bush (how's that for an oxymoron!) is forming a new political wing: The Malapropist Party!

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: bushonics - 04/18/01 08:11 AM
But since the US has just gone though an "incident" with China, sort of segueing on from bushonics, I thought I would share an old TRUE story from a similar UK incident many years ago. Michael Bentine (one of the original Goons and sadly no longer with us) had a TV show called "It's a Square World" which had surreal and Goonesque sketches. One such sketch had a small Chinese Junk on the Thames by the Houses of Parliament, catapulting polystyrene boulders onto the terrace at the Houses of Parliament. Sensibly enough they had obtained permission from the Officer of Works (or who ever handles that sort of thing at H. of P.) ** However they had neglected to mention this exercise to the police. So there they are, Chinese crew in Chinese Junk, throwing missiles at the H. of P. when along comes a police launch, which circles them a couple of times, and then an officer calls to them through a megaphone "Does anyone on board speak English?"

I love it, I love it! And I remember seeing it years ago (as a rerun). But I wish they'd filmed the police launch arriving. That would have been truly Pythonesque!

© Wordsmith.org