Wordsmith.org
Posted By: dalehileman Shades of bygone days - 03/10/09 07:52 PM
I'll understand if none wishes to relive the experience, but I understand that there was once a fracas--might have been several years ago--in which WS dissidents constituting a splinter group formed another site such as this one

So forgive if I am curious--when it happened--who was involved--what were the issues etc etc; subsequently what evidences of friction might have persisted--for instance did any subsequently join both, if so how were they greeted, did they prolong any of the concerns, etc etc
Posted By: Zed Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/12/09 05:53 AM
Not wanting to relive about sums it up.
Posted By: doc_comfort Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/12/09 06:03 AM
Sleeping dogs, let lie.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/12/09 06:41 AM
should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and days o' auld lang syne

- Robert Burns

yes.
-joe (we don' remember squadoosh) friday
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/16/09 04:25 PM
I can well understand the reluctance but I am intensely curious and so would appreciate rundown by anyone having a spare moment who remembers--being dalehileman@me.com
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/16/09 04:32 PM
the people involved don't want to talk about it.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/17/09 03:16 PM
Evidently not
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Shades of bygone days - 03/17/09 04:26 PM

People move on: maybe lack of interest.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/09/09 04:59 PM
Still, without dredging up old memories, naming participants, or specifying the breakaway board I am intensely curious about what sorts of issues culminate such a misadventure and so if you don't wish to post a reply I would be most happy to hear from you, being dalehileman@me.com

Note to Admin: No need to disguise my add., but thank you anyhow for your kind concern
Posted By: BranShea Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/09/09 09:31 PM
Dear Dale. How about a song to remember old friends in shades of days gone by.
Déanta: Where Are You
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/09/09 09:56 PM
Bran how touching, thank you kindly. However for some reason the song was too soft to understand in spite of both volume controls turned up full, just can't cope with my new Apple OS, I'll be 104 before I can successfully navigate it. However, when he next visits I'll have my IT No. 1 Son Lee advise what I'm doing wrong
Posted By: BranShea Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/09/09 10:21 PM
Ah, never mind, it's the music not the message. And anyway Dale, aren't shades of bygone days supposed to be soft?
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/11/09 04:32 PM
Judging from what I have learned about the fracas from [name deleted by admin upon request], they must be very hard and bitter
Posted By: kalleh Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/11/09 06:04 PM
Dale, this board has moved on nicely, as has ours. I only wish the split had occurred earlier so that some of the nastiness could have been avoided. I feel really bad about that because I know that most here are good people and I truly regret what happened.

The people involved from both boards would love it if you would drop the subject. And I personally would like to ask you to remove my name from the board. If you don't remove it, might I ask one of the administrators here to do so?

Thank you very much, and I only have good wishes for this board.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/11/09 07:39 PM
The people involved don't want to talk about it.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/12/09 12:53 AM
How can you sweep it under the rug without entertaining all the implications

If you don't think about that rash on your forearm it will go away. Let's not discuss the Holocaust so it will never again happen
Posted By: Jackie Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/12/09 01:22 AM
Dale, nothing has been swept under the rug. All the implications were discussed: just not when you were here.
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/12/09 01:49 AM

"How can you sweep it under the rug..."

Feigning innocent curiosity does not make you clever. It makes you an ass. People have told you politely they don't want to pick scabs. Now pull your head out.
Posted By: The Pook Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/14/09 03:19 PM
Isn't the normal expression pull your head in?
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/14/09 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: The Pook
Originally Posted By: thefiend
Now pull your head out.

I hate to assume(!), but I think the fiend refers to pulling the head out of one's nether regions, backtracking further into his post.
-ron o.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/14/09 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: tsuwm
Originally Posted By: fiend
Now pull your head out.

I hate to assume(!), but I think the fiend refers to pulling the head out of one's nether regions, backtracking further into his post.
-ron o.

that was my analysis...
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: Shades of bygone days - 04/14/09 04:49 PM
Originally Posted By: etaoin
Originally Posted By: tsuwm
Originally Posted By: fiend
Now pull your head out.

-ron o.

that was my analysis...

Whew! eek
© Wordsmith.org