MEDICAL MYTHS
Quiz: Allergies 101
Test your allergy savvy by determining if some common beliefs are true or false

Allergy savvy?
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 01:39 PM
Kinda clunky...
Posted By: Hydra Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 01:45 PM
Quote:
savvy (also savviness) informal noun shrewdness and practical knowledge, esp. of hypersensitive immune responses to pollen, fur, food, or dust.
Posted By: Snap Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 02:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Hydra
Quote:
savvy (also savviness) informal noun shrewdness and practical knowledge, esp. of hypersensitive immune responses to pollen, fur, food, or dust.

And, where did you get this definition from? Especially the second part? Which is to say, the part of the definition which comes after the first comma?

(Hope I used the "quote" feature correctly; I'm about to find out by hitting the "submit" button)
Posted By: Hydra Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 02:55 PM
Quote:
And, where did you get this definition from? Especially the second part? Which is to say, the part of the definition which comes after the first comma?

Er, I made it up. The original ran: "esp. in politics or business."

(You're not irony tone deaf, are you?)
Posted By: Jackie Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 03:32 PM
I certainly must be! [walking away flouncing skirt e] (Hmm; this one's listed as "smirk". It doesn't look like a smirk to me--it looks like a combination of anger and ruefulness, which is zackly what I'm feeling: have to admit I was "gotten", but mad at myself for letting it happen!)
Posted By: Hydra Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 05:23 PM
I hate the new emoticons. I don't know what half of them are meant to be. "Whistle" looks like the result of an accident at a carpet factory. "Cry" looks like a face after it's been pepper-sprayed. Who needs a floppy disk icon? What is that little octopus thing next to the green face that's about to vomit?
Posted By: nancyk Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 05:59 PM
L'icon juste? Non.
Posted By: Aramis Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 07:39 PM
Wondering if starting a riot has any chance of getting the old ones back. Or perhaps all the wrong ones could show up in kilts and start "flouncing".
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Le mot juste? Non. - 06/13/07 08:53 PM
if you hold the cursor over them, a little pop up will tell you what they are.

that being said, yeah, most of them are dumb.
© Wordsmith.org