Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Father Steve Then what about spelling beez? - 07/05/06 08:09 PM
Read it here
Posted By: Myridon Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/05/06 09:36 PM
Who'll get to decide whether law will be spelled with an 'r'? (i.e. is law and order = lora nordur / lah an dardor / lah ehn ahdah / etc.)
Posted By: Zed Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/05/06 10:46 PM
It wouldn't be the decline of civilization in English speaking nations: it would be the implosion.
That's it! It's a plot by the French and Spanish to take over the Western Hemisphere. Alert MI5, Call CSIS. Are the CIA in on it? Aaaaargh!

sorry - I couln't help it. the thought of the resulting kerfuffle makes me want to break into simultaneous hysterical giggles and evil laughter. Remember when they switched to metric?
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/06/06 02:30 AM
Remember when they switched to metric?

Yes, I do. I was all set, and then it went nowhere fast. Sigh. You still see a couple of mi/km signs on older freeways. Sigh.
Posted By: Aramis Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/06/06 06:15 PM
Perhaps they will say "You had your chance with Esperanto but dropped the ball." It will reduce illiteracy, my beyewtoks ! Dumb-down any system enough and there will always be some that are even dumber. [This sounds familiar somehow. ]
Posted By: Zed Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/07/06 06:28 PM
For me metric and standard are a hodge podge. I drive in km/h but check my mi/gal. I measure fabric in meters but wood in feet and inches. I set the thermostat in celsius but the oven in farinheit.(sp?)
Canadians. The ultimate mugwumps.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/09/06 12:41 PM
Quote:

Read it here

Dear Father Steve. I've looked at that link about spelling. Wurdz in stead of words will look too much like the german Wurst.We would all go crazy. Recently some of us non native english speakers decided that english is about the most efficient language we know.(can't say of the world, because I know only five of the thousands of languages this world may have).Though many sound more beautiful. The word; in the beginning was....
Posted By: Jackie Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/10/06 02:19 PM
The word; in the beginning was....Whut?
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Then what about spelling beez? - 07/10/06 11:10 PM
Quote:

The word; in the beginning was....Whut?

Bunt. Oh. I thought you said big inning. Nemmind.
© Wordsmith.org