Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AriFeanor Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 06:11 PM
Heres some little true facts:

1: Out of 5214 total users, 3750 of them have never posted.
2: Another 1200 users have only posted 1-10 posts.
3: wwh has more posts than 2.5 times total users.
4: I am bored.
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 06:15 PM
Ari:

It's usually boring around here on the weekends, not, of course, that I am suggesting that anyone anywhere would actually spend otherwise productive work time during the week by posting here. Heaven forfend!

WWH is a retired doctor whose eyesight has deteriorated to the point that he can no longer participate actively. He does use a special optical device to at least read and hopefully respond to IMs. Those of us who have been around here a long time miss him a lot. He and Jackie are particularly close, I believe.

I actually think WWH'ss ribaldry exceeds mine, which is saying something!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 06:18 PM
I like to read stats, too.
Posted By: AriFeanor Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 06:31 PM
I did not mean it to offend anyone by using his User Name, I was just providing some info that I was surprised to see. I thought that one fact about the 3750 users who have never posted was really mind boggling that so many people joined and never posted. Reason for the other facts were just fillers, as I though just one fact would be just to small, so I added a few others and the last one was just the fact that I had to be bored to find all that. I am sorry for WWH, hopefully reading isn't his favorite hobby otherwise it would be almost unbearable. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone where this man who worked as a bank teller loved reading, and everyone thought it was a waste of time. Im sure you know which one I speak of, it is a very famous one. And as life screams at us when we are born, "It's not fair."

Also I didn't mean that its boring here, I am new, there could be tons of posts I could read up on. Although it might be somthing I might want to post somthing and that I wouldn't because it's been finished before, and ole'timers might ignore it anyhow. I was bored because Im at home with nothing to do. I'm still a student in a average Lower-Middle class High School and the teaches as you may think are spread out from good to less average. Mainly because they have to deal with the sorta kids that live here. I am not blaming it on them as it sounds, I did my fair-share of undermining the teacher as well.

To keep the post's subject intact as much as possible, why do you think so many people joined and never posted? Do you think they found it boring? Or because they thought they would have nothing to say? Maybe even just never had time and forgot about it.
Posted By: belMarduk Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 07:37 PM
Hi Ari,

I think people register their when they come to see what this site is about.

If it doesn't suit their fancy, they just don't post.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 10:37 PM
I also think that we can be a bit intimidating. If someone registered during one of the hot times, they would certianly not want to join a board in such turmoil. Even when there is not a flame war going on, there can be shortness, sharpness, hypercriticality, crabby mutterings, impatience, intolerance and other bad habits demonstrated, particularly to noobs. Why risk it?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 10:42 PM
> certianly

sheesh, can't you spell? or at least use a spell check?

Posted By: Father Steve Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 10:54 PM
cer - tian - ly

cer = an emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.

tian = 1. household French gratin dish: a square or rectangular French casserole dish originally used for baking foods au gratin; 2. food dish baked in tian: a dish that is baked in a tian [Mid-20th century. Via Provençal < Greek t&#275;ganon "frying pan"]

ly = adverbial suffix.

Therefor, as anybody but that ignoramus eta would know, "certianly" means an action conditioned by an emotional response produced by being cooked in a French gratin dish.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/08/06 11:01 PM
oh, cheese whiz.

I would have believed you if you said you were referencing Sir KcKellen's breath mints...
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/09/06 12:14 AM
OH MY! You mentioned Cheese whiz near the Padre? Oh dear! It was nice knowin' ya!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/09/06 12:20 AM
hey, it was gratin on my nerves...
Posted By: AriFeanor Re: Out of 5214 total users... - 04/09/06 12:58 AM
I love ill tempered, excessive grammatically correct people. U r teh 1337. <3(heart for nubs(noobs for.. well.. noobs(new person))) Love the triple chin. I also love coffee . Anyways thanks for the response guys.
Posted By: Father Steve Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 03:49 AM
When the tomb of Tut Ankh Amen was opened by the Earl of Carnarvon and Howard Carter, they found foodstuffs which were provided to the king for his journey through the underworld. There was an inlaid ivory tray on which the dusty remains of what had likely been wheat crackers had disintegrated, a silver knife and a perfectly-preserved jar of Cheez Whiz ... which they ate.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 03:53 AM
Well hell, those damn wheat crackers disintegrate in your hands whether they're freshly opened or 2000 years old.
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 03:55 AM
Quote:

Well hell, those damn wheat crackers disintegrate in your hands whether they're freshly opened or 2000 years old.

Yeahbut®, they're 98% fat-free. Of course, they're also 100% flavour-free, but that's by the by.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 10:02 AM
Quote:

… a perfectly-preserved jar of Cheez Whiz ... which they ate.

Was it a glass jar or a plastic jar? Either way it must of been awful crunchy.
Posted By: AriFeanor Re: Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 01:12 PM
It was probally Bronze and had the God of Chiz Whiz on it.
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Little-Known True Fact - 04/09/06 08:02 PM
>the God of Chiz Whiz

... (any relation to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?)
The Cheez Whiz god goes around calling out for Stars cereal or Campbell's Tomato.

Cheez Whiz cries, "Soup or Stars."
jou das man, TEd.
I'd say the tomato's would have answered the call. The cereal's always running from Paparazzi, the angel who was cast down to the fiery depths of planet Cheez, by Cheez. He tried making Cheez that you didn't have to Whiz, and this was forbidden, for if you didn't Whiz, the Cheez people couldn't be 'cheezfull' and populate the planet. The act of Cheezing, the God of Cheez, and planet Cheez are all in the same. All found in the Cheezible, Prohet Little Whiz 3:35, "Then our Lord said before us, "You must be cheezful and populate Cheez by Whizzing. But do not Whiz on Cheez, for it is wrong."

.... I need help don't I?
Also, I noticed that "Im am definitely gonna burn in hell for this!", sounds promising. Thanks for letting me know.
Quote:

"Im am definitely gonna burn in hell for this!"

Just when I was getting fondue you. That's not gouda.
I didn't add that, an moderator of some kind did or maybe anyone can change it, I don't know.
Now there's a cheesy pun.
You mean Cheezy.
I think TEd started the new subject, cause thats where it starts on the forum. I know how it works now. <------ Slow
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: pretty cool, huh? - 04/10/06 12:41 PM
there are a lot of gems to be found in changed subjects...
Posted By: AriFeanor Re-Run: pretty cool, huh? - 04/10/06 12:56 PM
Yeap, I noticed that before. Just never really thought about it.
© Wordsmith.org