Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Alex Williams The Adventure of English - 12/25/05 12:10 PM
This morning I caught the tail end of a program called "The Adventure of English" broadcast here on The History Channel. (To be more precise, it was the Sunday morning preview of the History Channel's sister network History International.) The show was very interesting, and apparently this morning's broadcast was part six of a series, as the History Channel's schedule lists part 7 to be shown next week at 7:00 AM Eastern time.

There is a book by the same name on which I suspect the series is based. I can't seem to find any DVDs of the series at Netflix or Amazon. Anyway, I think the program would appeal to my fellow AWAD readers.
Posted By: maverick Re: The Adventure of English - 12/26/05 12:33 AM
I take it that's Melvyn Bragg's series? If so, it's certainly pretty good, and although I haven't looked at the book I've little doubt it will be very interesting.
Posted By: msgirl Re: The Adventure of English - 12/27/05 02:38 AM
Alex, the History Channel, as well as A&E and the Biography Channels usually sell thier series or shows even as the are showing them as a series/show. You may try the web site for them and see if it's listed. Hope that works for you.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: The Adventure of English - 12/27/05 03:04 PM
Thank you, msgirl, and welcome to our little wing of the grand asylum.
© Wordsmith.org