Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TEd Remington I had a dream - 10/08/04 03:20 PM
I had a dream last night, and for once I remembered it. In this dream I rented a house from Thor, who warned me that he would break the lease and throw me out if I removed the small package that sat at the back of the freezer section of the refrigerator. Of course I had to look at the package as soon as I moved in.

Yup, there at the back of the freezer was a small tyupperware container containing a very frozen songbird. I spent the whole rest of the dream trying to figure out why this bird was so important to Thor. My dream was filled with angst and comments on the human condition, so I decided it would make a good movie.

I took notes then woke up Peggy to tell her that we were gonna be rich, because this movie would be bigger than the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The title alone would draw millions of avid movie-goers.

Peggy asked me groggily, "So what's the name of this movie?"

"Chilled Wren of a Lessor God," I replied. I think tonight I'm sleeping on the sofa.

Posted By: gonoldothrond Re: I had a dream - 10/08/04 04:03 PM
[groan] Nice one, TEd.

Anybody else catch the Douglas Adams reference? Maybe I'm reaching, but it jumped right out at me...

Posted By: wofahulicodoc A bridge too far - 10/08/04 06:44 PM
I had one too, not that different in spirit.

It was like the Three Billy-Goats Gruff. People were walking across a bridge one at a time, and various-sized monsters were either gobbling them up if the people were smaller, or getting knocked off the bridge themnselves if the monsters were smaller; you never knew which would be next.

The media kept a running count for several days, and I saved all the newspapers. Finally my wife asked me what the pile was, and I had to tell her "These are the Times that size mens' trolls."

Posted By: musick A bridge over the river, quoi? - 10/09/04 02:45 PM
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=wordplay&Number=30641

Just for the newbies...
Posted By: TEd Remington And another dream: - 10/25/04 07:36 PM
I dreamed I was in the Raj shortly before the turn of the 20th century. I was not myself, but was instead a young Indian maiden, one who had never been kissed let alone done anything else.

On the first day of spring, there was a festival in this area in which each girl without a boyfriend would sacrifice her favorite dress to ask the gods to send her a lover. At one time these dresses were simply left at an altar, but when the keepers of the shrine started reselling them, the young ladies decided to stab the garments repeatedly to prevent their being recycled.

And then weeks after my sacrifice, I met and fell in love with a wonderful young man, and I didn't have to do the sacrifice the next year. Truly, love means you never have to slay your sari.

Peggy doesn't think this one would make a good movie either.

Posted By: plutarch Re: And another dream: - 10/25/04 08:05 PM
Peggy doesn't think this one would make a good movie either.

Who's sari now.

You might be sari you didn't rent it after all.

© Wordsmith.org