Wordsmith.org
Posted By: grapho Team Think - 09/03/04 02:22 PM
I was thinking of what a corrosion of "team think" it is to have someone like Grapho posting around here.

But then I considered the matter more deeply.

"The team" should want to encourage Grapho because once he becomes an "Enthusiast" he automatically expires. [Just like Plutarch and Wordminstrel, not to mention Moss and Tang.]

P.S. Kudos to JohnJohn for "team think". Just kiddin', JohnJohn. It is your term, and honor compels me to acknowledge that, but it is not your intended meaning.

There are some around here who might judge you guilty by association. To them, I say: Puns don't kill people. People do.
Posted By: grapho Light at the end of the Carpal Tunnel - 09/04/04 12:34 PM
I was wondering what "the team thinks" about "Team Think" when I got up this morning.

Then I visited "Team Think" and found out.

It kinda gave me a rush of excitement.

Thanks for the boost to my confidence, "team".

I must be doin' somethin' right if the "team think" is on full press.

But, beware, team thinkers.

If a crack appears in the "team", "Team Think" can be over in the blink of an eye.

One stray cat and suddenly there is an alley full of them.

The time has come to rally the Carpal Tunnels as never before!

There could be light at the end of the Carpal Tunnel.

Posted By: grapho Who dares? - 09/04/04 02:11 PM
The reign of "the circle" could come full circle.

Who dares to rain on their charade?

Is there a Carpal Tunnel in the kingdom who will break ranks with the feudal wordlords?

Is there a Carpal Tunnel with the wisdom and courage to write "Our Land" in the sand?

Posted By: moss Re: Who dares? - 09/04/04 03:00 PM
Who dares to rain on their charade?

Go for it, Grapho.

What the Carpal Tunnels cannot inspire with words, they cannot coerce with silence.

Posted By: grapho Re: Who dares? - 09/04/04 03:02 PM
What they cannot inspire with words ...

Thank you, Moss.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted By: amemeba Re: Who dares? - 09/04/04 04:46 PM
I dunno grapho, your obsession with a nude Paris Hilton seemed kinda cute, but your apparent obsession with the so-called hierarchy seems kinda strange. If you don't like them, can't you just ignore them? Surely you don't need their blessing if what you want is what you proclaim i.e. a brighter and better and more egalitarian Awad board. That's it grapho, just use your language skills to court nice newcomers like me and ignore the oldtimers that you think are in control. Right?

Posted By: musick Re: Who cares? - 09/04/04 06:39 PM
But, *amemeba, I don't see any of this...

...if what you want is what you proclaim i.e. a brighter and better and more egalitarian Awad board. That's it grapho, just use your language skills..."

... coming from *grapho.

Posted By: grapho Re: Who dares? - 09/04/04 09:28 PM
That's it grapho, just use your language skills to court nice newcomers like me and ignore the oldtimers that you think are in control. Right?

You do have a way with words, Amemeba.*

But I'm all dressed up for a parry with nowhere to go.

As to my "obsession with a nude Paris Hilton", it's the only part of the package that makes any sense to me. The rest is haute airs.

* I must be honest with you, Amemeba. I don't think it is possible to rise to Carpal Tunnelhood without becoming Carpal Tunnelized.

Carpal Tunnels alone dispense censure, and "their own" are not subject to censure.

Obviously, they have any newcomer at a disadvantage by sheer weight of numbers.

I just saw Vanity Fair.

Reese Witherspoon's character is invited by King George, who is beguiled by her charms, to sit beside him at dinner. One of the ladies of noble lineage protests that such an arrangement offends "precedent". King George remarks: "Madam, I confer precedent."

The Carpal Tunnels believe that they "confer" precedent, that censure is theirs to dispense exclusively, without any pretence of a fair hearing, indeed, without any pretence of a hearing at all. I do not.

Posted By: grapho The Carpal Tunnels Believe - 09/05/04 05:19 AM
The Carpal Tunnels believe they confer precedent. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe no-one rises in esteem except unto them. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that all graces flow from them, and all disgrace. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that being a Carpal Tunnel is itself a grace, a grace and a privilege, and not something which can be achieved simply by climbing the stairs of the Kingdom as they did.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that merit is something to be shunned if it is not obsequious to their merits, real or imagined.

Tho they are many, the Carpal Tunnels are only one.

Altho I am only one, I am more than all of the Carpal Tunnels.

And so is anyone who breaks rank with them, or rises against their oppression in conscience.

The Carpal Tunnels belong down here with the lowliest of "Strangers". In fact, there shouldn't be any "Strangers" or "Carpal Tunnels".

There should only be people who respect one another, not as members of a privileged stratum, but as unique individuals with equal and unrestricted opportunities to enjoy all of the benefits of the community.

Of course, this is not a revolutionary concept in any domain where leaders are elected by secret ballot, and where principles of natural justice are not considered revolutionary.

It is only considered revolutionary here in AWADtalk.

Posted By: grapho Haute to trot - 09/05/04 01:10 PM
As to my "obsession with a nude Paris Hilton"

Let's not forget that Paris' home-made sex video released on the Internet [in the tradition of Pamela Anderson's romp to international stardom] launched her naughtie, hottie heiress career.

So Paris shouldn't be too haute to trot with us now.

Posted By: of troy Re: The Carpal Tunnels Believe - 09/05/04 01:23 PM
please don't tell me what i think. You can't know-- and i find it insulting that you ascribe to me, all this negative thinking.

if you'd like to present some indication that i think that way by going back and finding posts were i have expressly stated some of 'these thoughts' you could, but most likely i would ignore you. You, by your behavior are teaching me to ignore you and your post.(not quite entirely yet, but more and more each day.)

i like or dislike someone, or the words they post, not based on some sort of group think, but based on my reaction to their post.

'grapho' might not be a carpel tunnel, but you sir, your posts, under all your different names total easily to carpel tunnel range. so you too, are a carpel tunnel poster, even if you change names to hid that fact.--and your name changing is something you don't make much effort to hide.

perhaps the beliefs you post are your own. In which case, please label them as such.

its a sad world, and daily i hear more and more stories of people who have lost some of their civil rights, based on nothing but their ethnic group or religion. but AWAD still remains an area of free speech.

you are free to say anything, but understand, I DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR STATEMENTS. you might try to repeat them, again and again, (as the current administration does,) in hope that repeating lies often enough and loud enough will make people believe it. but i know it's a lie.

Posted By: grapho Re: The Carpal Tunnels Believe - 09/05/04 01:31 PM
but i know it's a lie

Well, if it's a lie, de Troy, why have we never had some modest attempt at reform around here?

Why have my suggestions [how many months ago?] of a random, rotating panel of some kind to judge word games, or to intervene firmly but politely in unpleasant exchanges or Carpal Tunnel bullying or shunning or peacock shows of lordly disdain, why have these suggestions been either ignored, or ridiculed, or brazenly misrepresented by the ruling elite?

Why will no Carpal Tunnel countenance the indignity of this gentle reproach:

You're showing your plumage.

Posted By: of troy Re: The Carpal Tunnels Believe - 09/05/04 01:57 PM
oh, i see, since i dissagree with you about the idea of a random, rotating panel of some kind to judge word games(most of which i don't play!) i am guilty of some sort of group think. could be i don't care about hogwash, and don't care how its scored.
not that it matters much. points 'won' in hogwash are good for ...., um..., well.. Oh i know, NOTHING.

as for my suggestions....some kind to judge .... to intervene firmly but politely in unpleasant exchanges,

that is not our decision to make. i have no more power here than you do, nor does any one else, EXCEPT Jackie, and she had her power bestowed on her by Anu Garg-(and she did not ask for it, he assigned it,) and she wields it very lightly. no one shuts you down! you are allowed to complain, and complain, and complain. your posts aren't deleted, threads aren't closed, you aren't denied access to the board. (would you do the same?)

the the ruling elite is Mr Garg. he pays for this site, (web servers aren't free, even if access to them is) and he make the rules. You have a problem, start sending him emails. ask him to act on your suggestions. and if he does, (or doesn't) i have no say in the matter. It's his choice.

please stop complaining that I, some other carpel tunnel rated poster, or some secret cabal of posters are making the rules. (if i made the rules, you would be allowed to say time and time and time and time again that I was!)

your suggestions have been met time and time again with the answer WE DON'T MAKE THE RULES or more commonly, There are no stinkin rules around here not to ridicule you, but because we are stating facts. (now you might not like the facts, but that is your problem!)

obviously this anarchistic non-chaos bothers you. you want rules. Fine, make some up. keep to them. I won't mind. just don't expect me to follow your rules. (and i would be very surprized if others did!)

i rather like the anarchistic non-chaos here. i think some others do too.

there are plenty of BB's with pages and pages of rules, and abritary enforcement of them (where newer members are whompped, and 'elites' get away with murder)if you like rules, got to those BB's and work on writing rules, and enforcing rules.. become a ruler. no one forces you to remain in this open, ruleless and ruler-less group.

Posted By: grapho the Royal Jelly - 09/05/04 02:01 PM
i rather like the anarchistic non-chaos here. i think some others do too.

Need I guess who*?

You're showing your plumage.

* To understand why things are the way they are around here, one only has to understand who benefits most from the way things are around here.

Why should those who wield unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power around here break up the royal jelly by pleading the case to anyone, least of all to Jackie or to Mr. Whoever-he-is, that their lordly prerogatives should be abridged?

Not only abridged, but shared with some "random, rotating" rabble.

Posted By: of troy Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/05/04 04:49 PM
what?
Why should those who wield unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power around here break up the royal jelly by pleading the case to anyone, least of all to Jackie or to Mr. Whoever-he-is, that their lordly prerogatives should be abridged?

The world might be against you. but here, there is no unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power working against you.

you might want to think there is. but ultimately the power is with Mr Garg. Ask him to change things, if you are unhappy, but please don't demand that i ask him to change thing when i am generally quite happy with things the way they are.

and yes, I am are happy with ruleless anarchy, and have no desire to second you in setting up a random rotating table (of leadership). so does that mean i suffer from group think, or just that i think you'd make a lousy leader? (i know i would, so don't think i am judging you more harsely than i judge myself.)

who the hell are you to demand that i change to make you happy? if you are not happy here, it's your problem, and nothing i do (or don't do) will fix it. ONLY you can decide to be happy or not.

Yeah, it's hard. (and for me, defective brain chemistry doesn't help. i am prone to bouts of depression, and have several choices in how i deal with my seritonian uptake abnormality, but i know for sure, YOU are not to blame, and nothing YOU can do will change me. ) you have no power to make me happy (or unhappy)

And NOTHING i can do will change your happiness or unhappiness.

but you can do something. (well something beside complaining that we 'carpel tunnels' (how i hate the 'titles' on most BB's) are some sort of unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power structure.) first off, there is no 'we'. i know and like Jackie, but jackie and i are chalk and cheese when it come to our thought processes, likes and dislikes, values and behaviors (well, we do agree that cooler climates are nice than tropical ones, but hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!)

you can write to Anu Garg. he can do something. (or not)

but you apparently like to beat your head against the wall.
you seem to want to blame me (and others) for being happy when you are not. again and again, and again, and again, you complain we have power.

of course, you are right. I have power because i am here. My words are my septer and swords. I have no more, no less power than you. i have no desire to change things. if you don't like that, Tough!

Its not my responsibility to like you or to second you, or support you. and i want less and less to do it, as you become more and more general in your complains against the 'unseen, unearned, arbitary power stucture'(that i can only guess, you see, (even though its unseen).

get back on your meds, or take a talking cure, or meditate. there are cures to the delusions, and doubts and paranoia.

Posted By: TEd Remington Paris' home-made sex video - 09/05/04 08:47 PM
Gives a whole new perspective on that Georgia resort, Hilton Head Island, doesn't it?

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Grapho's on-line masturbation posts - 09/05/04 09:21 PM
Helen,

Don't respond to him. He's an airhead. Delusion is his right; leave him to it. That's a suggestion, BTW, not a rule ...

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/07/04 08:04 PM
the Royal Jelly

Vaseline?

Posted By: themgmt Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/10/04 03:17 PM
Vaseline?

Mind your manners, sir. That comment belongs on "Confessions of an Heirhead" thread. In any case, it is unbefitting a "Carpal Tunnel".

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/11/04 01:21 AM
I never tunneled any carpals...all I do is post here.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/11/04 01:34 AM
well, I have carpooled through some tunnels...

Posted By: themgmt Re: the Royal Jelly - 09/11/04 11:33 AM
I never tunneled any carpals...

Where do all the Carpal Tunnels lead ... when there are no Carpal Tunnels to follow?

Posted By: snoot themgmt - 09/11/04 03:52 PM
yawn
Yet another wordmistral avatar... and not even an acknowledgement for the use of my tagline (not saying where I stole it from).

THE MGMT
Posted By: themgmt Re: themgmt - 09/12/04 12:02 PM
Yet another wordmistral avatar...

Is it wise, dear snoot, to "wordmistral" with Wordminstrel's avatar before Wordminstrel's avatar has started to "wordmistral"?

In choosing the name "snoot", at least you have put your prejudices up front where we can all see them.

As the ancient oracle forewarns:

"See'st thou evil, and evil is thine."

See'st thou "mistral", and "mistral" is thine.

Posted By: Zed Re: Who dares? - 09/13/04 10:28 PM
Carpal Tunnels alone dispense censure, and "their own" are not subject to censure.
You seem to feel free enough to censure whomever you please thus disproving your own argument. Although I've never been able to figure out whether you are protesting that there is a hierarchy or that there isn't.

Obviously, they have any newcomer at a disadvantage by sheer weight of numbers.
I came as a newcomer and was made welcome. Perhaps in part because I didn't come in believing that the rules of a long established board should be changed to suit my personal preferences. If I am not interested in a thread I don't read it; a simple enough remedy.
Personally I like the mix of erudite and comic that I see here. As for hierarchy and rules - the only rules a conversation, cyber or otherwise, needs are those of common courtesy.
Occasionally others have disagreed with me or corrected my errors or grumped at my puns. Fine. I appreciate the corrections, I concede their right to disagree and I continue to post, to pun and to pity those unable to appreciate my extraordinary wit.

Posted By: themgmt Re: Who dares? - 09/14/04 09:39 AM
I continue to post, to pun and to pity those unable to appreciate my extraordinary wit.

Well, then, you have no reason to pity me, Zed.

BTW even a Carpal Tunnel gets diplomatic immunity for wit. Wit has no need for a choir.
© Wordsmith.org