Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Bingley Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/09/04 04:45 AM
Your word is: adiaphora

Bingley
Posted By: Jomama Re: Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/11/04 03:57 AM
A group--oops! If you already saw this post, I was--or
should have been--just talking to myself. Ignore it.

Posted By: Bingley Re: Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/11/04 05:40 AM
For the benefit of Jomama and any other new members who would like to play on, hogwash is played like this:

The hogmaster for the round posts a word. People send the hogmaster private messages defining the word(to do this, click on the hogmaster's name to call up their profile and then click on the little envelope at the bottom of the page). One week after the word is first posted, the hogmaster posts the definitions sent in plus the true definition. Everybody (whether they sent in a definition or not) then has one week to guess which of the posted definitions is the true one. The hogmaster will then reveal who supplied the definitions, who was bluffed, and who guessed the correct definition.

There is a rather arcane scoring system but only the hoglord(tsuwm) is fully cognisant of its details and over time it has fallen into disuse.

PS: Welcome aboard Jomama.

Bingley
Make that "Welcome back!"

Posted By: Capfka Re: Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/11/04 06:36 PM
Pourquoi?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/11/04 06:46 PM
>Pourquoi?

Jom's been posting sporadically since March (ILIU)..

Posted By: Jomama Re: Don't put those scrubbers away just yet - 06/12/04 04:21 AM
Thanks, Bingley, for the lucid explanation. And the invite
to edit my goof! I was ready to slink back red-faced to my
sty and try to root up another daffy-nition. Excuse me,I'll
try to play by the rules now.

ROOLZ???

© Wordsmith.org