Posted By: JessCC Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/20/03 03:32 AM
I'll post the grid here, see what you can find out of it:

| G | I | L | H |
| E | M | O | W |
| S | A | R | C |
| D | F | E | T |

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/20/03 09:18 PM
Allo JessCC

This is the first time I've played AWAD Boggle. Do we send you the words we came up with?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/21/03 01:34 AM
Ok, I'm PM-ing you with a list; 2, actually. Do you play the rule that you CAN re-use the same letter in a word, as long as there's at least one letter in between? (That is, no doubled letters unless there are actually 2 next to each other in the grid.) I always played that way until June of 2001... My second, and shorter, list, contains words using this rule. I've found 2 eight-letter ones...so far.

Posted By: JessCC Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/21/03 08:53 AM
Well, I play it with the official Boggle rules, which is you CANNOT re-use the letters, and they (of course) have to be connected to each other successively.

I'll go check!

Jess

Posted By: JessCC Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/21/03 08:53 AM
You can send it to me personally, or you can share it with the viewers on this topic, it's up to you. I'm also trying to list the words up.

Jess

Posted By: wofahulicodoc How to communicate your lists - 09/21/03 05:53 PM
Sounds like a good use for the "Answers Here" thread - http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=89223.

Post your lists there, call "dibs" on the good words(!)
and let others continue to work on the puzzle even afterwards.

Two eight-letter words, Jackie? I'll have to look into that later!

Of course "real" Boggle also has the challenge of having to see and integrate the letters in all sorts of mixed-up orientations, too. This task should be little easier.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/21/03 06:54 PM
play it with the official Boggle rules

I forget. What's the time limit?

Posted By: consuelo Re: Care for a round of Boggle? - 09/21/03 08:27 PM
90 seconds

Posted By: Jackie Just in case - 09/22/03 12:00 PM
Yes, diagonals are allowed. For ex.,

S E
A T

can be set, sea, seat, eat, eats, ate, sat, tea, or teas.

Unless others confess to not keeping to a time limit, my list will have to be thrown out. [sob]

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Time limit - 09/23/03 12:17 AM
...confess to not keeping to a time limit

Yes, yes, I did it! I mean, I didn't do it! No, I mean... I ... [Sorry, your time is up. Deposit five cents for an additional three minutes.]

Did you really find eight-letter words? Without repeating any letters? I'm impressed! Does this round have a time limit?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Time limit - 09/23/03 01:17 AM
Yes, I did, but not. (Ha--figure that one out, why don'tcha?) No, the three 8-letter ones I found all re-used a letter.

Posted By: JessCC Re: Time limit - 09/23/03 10:53 AM
OK, since you guys need a time limit, I'll set it up. Time ends at midnight, 23rd September. (whichever time zone you're in, just follow that one).

Jess

Posted By: GallantTed Re: Time limit - 09/25/03 03:43 PM
Howye fokes

How is things? Me mind is bogglen, that's fer sure, what with me never playen the likes of this game afore. I think I sees me pal Mad-Dog-Ted in there all the same. Now that is bogglen what with him been so brane ded and everythin. He's not a bit wordy - unlike me good self.

Anyways, I really only popped ta say howye ta everyone cos I haven't been round fer a while.

Be seein ya

GT

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Okay, I'll be the one to say it - 09/27/03 02:03 AM
Do I detect a fine case of "How do you keep a [insert derogatory noun of choice] in suspense?" here?

--wofa-threedaysaftertheputativedeadline-hulicodoc

Posted By: Faldage Re: Okay, I'll be the one to say it - 09/27/03 10:27 AM
How do you keep a [insert derogatory noun of choice] in suspense?

Take his belt away?

© Wordsmith.org