Wordsmith.org
I just a read an article that described a fire involving an "articulated lorry." At first I was confused but I realized that it must be synonymous with a tractor-trailer or "semi" here in the U.S. "Articulated lorry" has such a nice droll sound to it; say it out loud and you'll see what I mean. It's impossible not to sound like John Gielgud when you say it.

Thank goodness I'm so easily amused.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z17C128F4

Now imagine Mr. Bean saying it.

We had some discussion on 'artics' etc in a thread that had begun its life, somewhere late September last year, on the subject of 'T-boning' vehicle crashes . I recall learning about 'semis' and other esoteric stuff.

I picture a sort of "Who's On First" routine with an American and an Englishman having a heated discussion about a vehicle accident.

Above link shortened to avoid the wrath of the screen gods.

Above link shortened

Thank you, Alex.

Posted By: Capfka Re: A most undelightful motorway - 06/27/03 01:29 AM
Don't laugh. I was stuck in the tailback on the M6 caused by that fire until I managed to get off at J5 and wend my way through Birmingham city centre to the M5 at J2. And while I was stuck in the queue no one offered me so much as a lap dance, never mind a sex toy!

Traffic was at a standstill on all approaches and slip roads onto the M5 at J2 and this is nearly five miles from the M5/M6 junction and six from where the fire occurred. It took me 2.5 hours to get to work ...

© Wordsmith.org