Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TEd Remington This just in: - 02/06/03 02:25 AM

HOUSTON (Feb. 5) - The woman accused of running over her adulterous husband with her Mercedes calmly described their disintegrating relationship to jurors Wednesday, saying she was moved to slap her "best friend'' when she learned how far he had strayed.

Composed and often smiling as she took the stand to defend herself at her murder trial, Clara Harris said David Harris initially admitted only to being modestly intimate with his receptionist. His daughter told her, however, that the relationship was much deeper.

``I went to slap him in the face,'' Clara Harris said. She said her husband, a martial arts expert, fended her off, and she ended up on the bathroom floor.

The 10-year marriage ended a week later in the parking lot of a Houston hotel, when she ran him down after catching him with the other woman. Harris, 45, claims the death was accidental and that she shouldn't be charged with murder.

---------------

It's too bad she used the Merc instead of the victim's honking big SUV. Then she coulda thrown herself on the mercy of the court with that time-honored plesa, "But, Your Honor, I SWEAR I didn;t know it was loaded."

Posted By: consuelo Re: This just in: - 02/06/03 02:49 AM
So she went to give him a love tap, in retaliation for the flooring, and gave him a permanent case of the Benz?

Posted By: lapsus linguae Re: This just in: - 02/06/03 08:36 PM
sounds like he tyred of her

© Wordsmith.org